Foundation / Corporation
Utah Coalition for Educational Technology (UCET)
Award to a Utah PreK-12 classroom teacher for the implementation of technology to enhance education within the school setting. Award recipients will receive recognition and honor for demonstrating the impact of their work on the educational community, improved student learning, enhanced quality of education, and the successful utilization of digital tools in the classroom.
The Utah Coalition for Educational Technology (UCET) Outstanding Teacher of the Year award recognizes and honors a teacher who has demonstrated outstanding achievement and leadership in implementing technology to improve education. (PK-12 classroom teacher).
It is the mission of UCET to:
(1) Promote the cooperative development and effective use of information technology in Utah's educational institutions.
(2) Provide a forum for the exchange of information on technology by holding conferences, meetings, and workshops, and publishing a newsletter.
(3) Bring together any and all parties interested in the use of technology in education for the purpose of representing their varied interests to each other and to the public.
- The nominee's work has had a significant positive impact on technology use in the nominee's educational community (whether locally, regionally, statewide, nationally, or worldwide).
- The nominee has demonstrated his/her ability to both deliberately plan for and incorporate the use of technology for the purpose of improving the educational setting.
- The nominee continuously improves his or her professional practice through the exploration of creative applications for technology and the consistent evaluation and reflection of current research and practices to improve student learning.
- The nominee promotes the effective use of digital tools across local and global learning communities and applies current research and professional practices to support effective use in student learning.
- The nominee exhibits leadership in his or her school and/or professional community with a vision of technology infusion and by participating in shared decision making and community building that contribute to the vitality and self-renewal of the teaching profession, their school and their community.
- The quality of education and/or work experience has been significantly advanced in the nominee's workplace as a result of the nominee’s efforts.
- The nominee's work reflects the mission and purpose of UCET.
- The nominee will represent UCET well in all forums.
GrantWatch ID#: 178738
The nominee must be a pre-K through twelfth grade teacher.
Nominations for all UCET awards close on January 18, 2019. All award winners will be announced during Day 1 at the opening session of the UCET Conference.
The Award Nomination Form is to be submitted online.
For assistance and questions, contact Regina Prickett at the UCET.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To submit the online Award Nomination Form: