Foundation / Corporation
Utah Coalition for Educational Technology (UCET)
Award to a Utah educator to recognize outstanding, innovative use of technology in the field of education. This award will recognize and honor an individual under the age of 35 who has demonstrated exceptional skill, knowledge, creativity, and leadership in promoting the application of information technology to enhance teaching and learning.
Utah Coalition for Educational Technology (UCET) Outstanding Young Educator of the Year - This award will be presented to an outstanding young educator who will be under the age of 35 by July 15, 2019, who demonstrates vision, innovation, action, and transformation using technology to improve teaching and learning.
Award Selection Criteria:
1. Required nomination materials are complete and submitted by deadline.
2. The nominee is an educator who will still be under the age of 35 on July 15, 2019.
3. The nominee exhibits exemplary knowledge, skills and work processes representative of an innovative professional in a global and digital society.
4. The nominee's work models an understanding of the responsibilities related to an evolving digital culture by advocating and practicing safe, legal and responsible use of information technology.
5. The nominee exhibits leadership for digital citizenship and a positive attitude toward using technology that supports collaboration, learning and productivity.
6. The nominee understands, selects and uses applications effectively to design, develop and evaluate authentic learning opportunities and projects.
7. The nominee incorporates contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge and develop innovative products using technology.
8. The nominee has integrated deliberate planning in an effort to improve education through the use of technology.
9. The nominee continuously improves his or her professional practice and exhibits leadership in his or her school and/or professional community by promoting and demonstrating the effective use of digital tools and resources.
10. The quality of education and/or work experience has been significantly advanced in the nominee's workplace as a result of the nominee's efforts.
11. The nominee's submission is well constructed and focused. Responses align with application instructions.
12. The nominee's work reflects the mission and purpose of UCET. ( The mission of UCET is (1) to promote the cooperative development and effective use of information technology in Utah's educational institutions; (2) to provide a forum for the exchange of information on technology by holding conferences, meetings, and workshops, and publishing a newsletter; and (3) to bring together any and all parties interested in the use of technology in education for the purpose of representing their varied interests to each other and to the public.)
13. The nominee will represent UCET well in all forums.
GrantWatch ID#: 178739
The nominee is an educator who will still be under the age of 35 on July 15, 2019.
Nominations for all UCET awards close on January 18, 2019. All award winners will be announced during Day 1 at the opening session of the UCET Conference.
Awards Selection Criteria:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For the online Award Nomination Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdMXttOuY10qvarcqhNtRif5V3kDcCuQTGNkJAtPx4ZOt1vig/viewform