Foundation / Corporation
Bangor Savings Bank Foundation
Grants ranging from $2,000 to $25,000 to Maine nonprofits to improve the economic development, entrepreneurial health, and workforce in the Funding Source's service area. Compelling programs in education, arts and culture, health and wellness, and social services may also be considered. Awards will include support for program development as well as for new and expanded facilities and equipment.
In general, the Foundation focuses its strategic philanthropy efforts on improving Maine's regional and statewide economy, however, also lends support to compelling applications in the following areas:
- Education: Initiatives that raise student readiness, academic success, achievement and aspirations at the primary, secondary, and post-secondary levels, including but not limited to STEM education initiatives.
- Social and Civic Services: Activities directed at improving the quality of life in local communities.
- Culture and Arts: Initiatives supporting organizations that meet community needs, expand arts and cultural programming, or provide education.
- Health and Wellness: Programs essential to the underlying medical care of a community and initiatives focusing on physical and mental wellness for people of all ages.
For all proposals received, there is a preference to support projects and initiatives that do the following:
- Include a strategy for leveraging other resources and support.
- Produce cost-effective results which can be measured and evaluated.
- Provide incentive for the private and public sectors to work together in community problem-solving.
- Encourage coordination with other efforts and do not duplicate programs in the community.
- Advance innovative and long-term strategies which will address recognized needs.
- Demonstrate an ability to obtain future funding if it will be needed.
GrantWatch ID#: 178822
The Foundation considers applications for grants ranging from $2,000 up to $25,000.
- Grant awards are generally limited to the market area served by Bangor Savings Bank. See Grant Coverage Areas for details.
- Grant recipients must demonstrate 501(c)(3) or other nonprofit status, a need for private financial support, and a direct relevance to the Foundation's areas of giving interest.
- The Foundation does not provide financial support for political organizations or candidates, religious organizations, or activities for sectarian purposes.
- The Foundation does not generally support annual operating budgets, endowments, scholarships, conferences, seminars, festivals, or similar events.
Applications are reviewed quarterly and must be received by April 1st, July 1st, October 1st, or January 1st for consideration. Eligible organizations may submit only one application per calendar year. Decisions and funding are generally announced within 60-90 days of each quarterly funding cycle application deadline.
Guidelines and eligibility:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please mail completed application to:
The Bangor Savings Bank Foundation
99 Franklin Street, P.O. Box 930
Bangor, Maine 04402-0930
Phone: 1.877.Bangor1 (1.877.226.4671)