Foundation / Corporation
Jewish Community Federation of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties
05/01/19 - Deadline for 2019 spring break trips.
Scholarships to Bay Area, California Jewish youth and young adults to attend organized trips and educational programs in Israel. Funds are issued on the basis of financial need and may be applied to travel costs and program fees. Scholarships are available for short-term organized teen trips (first-time, grades 8-12, up to four weeks) and five-to-12-month Masa Israel-approved programs for young adults ages 18-26.
Some eligible Israel trips (not inclusive of all programs):
- March of the Living (Israel and Poland)
- Camp Tawonga's Teen Service Learning
- NCSY Summer Programs
- Ramah Israel
- Young Judaea
- Destination Israel
- Habonim Dror
- B'nai Akiva Israel Experience
- Jewish day school trips to Israel
- BBYO Passport
- Israel Scouts
GrantWatch ID#: 178851
- Scholarship for Teen Trips will support up to four weeks of a first-time teen trip to Israel.
- Scholarships for Young Adults support 5-12 month Masa Israel-approved programs.
Scholarship Requirements for Teen Trips
-Teens in grades 8-12 participating in their first organized teen trip to Israel may apply. Applicants may have previously traveled to Israel with family or with a community/synagogue tour, but NOT an organized teen trip.
-Applicants must live in the Federation's service area (Sonoma and Marin Counties, San Francisco and the Peninsula from Mountain View north).
-Children must be Jewish (as identified by their families).
Scholarship Requirements for Post-High School Trips
-Young adults must be ages 18 to 26.
-Applicants must live in the Federation's service area.
-Applicants must be Jewish (as identified by their families).
- Scholarship funds are to be used strictly for program fees.
-Applicants must be participating in a Masa Israel program.
- For 2019 spring break trips, applications are due by December 15, 2018.
- For 2019 summer trips, applications are due by March 15, 2019.
- For 2019-2020 gap or academic year programs, applications are due by May 1, 2019.
Checks will be made payable to the Israel trip provider and mailed to the family's home address.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register online to apply:
For application-related questions, please contact 1.800.537.4180 or JCF@scholarshipamerica.org
For all other questions, please contact Caroline Poland at 415.512.6252 or CarolineP@sfjcf.org
Jewish Community Federation Service Area:
USA: California: Sonoma and Marin Counties, San Francisco and the Peninsula from Mountain View north