Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Tampa Bay (CFTB)
02/18/19 - for Health, Human Services, Environment and Animal Welfare; Opportunity Grant proposals are accepted at any time.
Grants to Florida nonprofits in the Tampa Bay area for programs in the areas of health and human services, the environment and animal welfare, education, emerging needs, and arts and culture. Applicants are required to submit an LOI prior to submitting a full application. Grants will be awarded to organizations that support effective programs that help communities grow.
Eligible counties include Citrus, Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, and Hernando.
Grants are awarded on a schedule throughout the year, based on targeted focus areas:
Education: Academic opportunities prepare people of all ages for higher education and employment. Grants will be awarded to organizations that support effective educational programs that help communities continue to grow and better prepare the workforce for the future.
Arts and Culture: Thriving arts and cultural activities are a key component to vibrant and strong communities. Grants will be awarded to organizations that provide access to and stimulate an appreciation of the community’s artistic and cultural life.
Health and/or Human Services: A healthy community is strengthened by a shared belief in helping our neighbors in need. Grants will be awarded to organizations that promote wellness and/or benefit to those suffering from poverty, discrimination, and violence.
Environmental Restoration and/or Animal Welfare: It is important to invest in efforts to preserve, protect and enhance the natural environment and the wellbeing of animals. Grants will be awarded to organizations that improve the quality of the environment and/or benefit the animal community.
Opportunity Grants: There are many creative solutions to community issues. Grants will be awarded to organizations that provide a program, project or investment that is time-sensitive and new to the organization.
General criteria for projects:
- A project that leverages dollars and/or people power.
- A creative project that has a positive, measurable impact on the community.
- A project that addresses a specific identified and prioritized need in the community.
- A project for which the Community Foundation grant plays an important role.
- A project that shows innovation and collaboration.
GrantWatch ID#: 178861
Registered 501(c)(3) nonprofits may apply.
- Organizations that are not tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Grants to individuals (rent, utilities, etc.)
- Capital campaigns or purchase of capital items over $1,000
- Operating, administration or fundraising costs
- Political campaigns or direct lobbying efforts
- Religious or sectarian purposes
- Medical or scientific research
- Annual appeals, fundraising events, membership contributions
All Community Foundation of Tampa Bay grant proposals should be completed on the online grants site.
1. Review eligibility, guidelines & deadlines at: https://cftampabay.org/nonprofits/nonprofit-resources/
2. Create an account in the online grants site.
3. Complete an online Letter of Intent.
4. If invited, submit an online Grant Proposal.
Focus Area: Arts/Culture and Education
Letter of Intent Due: October 1, 2018
Proposal Due (if Invited): October 22, 2018
Focus Area: Health, Human Services, Environment and Animal Welfare
Letter of Intent Due: February 1, 2019
Proposal Due (if Invited): February 18, 2019
Opportunity Grants: As determined
To be considered for Opportunity Grant funding, please reach out to the Community Foundation of Tampa Bay at email@example.com with your idea. A Community Foundation staff member will get back to you within two business days to discuss your proposal. Applications will be accepted only after evaluation to determine if the proposal fits the Opportunity Grant criteria.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Caroline Coetzee, Administrative Assistant
Community Foundation of Tampa Bay
550 North Reo Street, Suite 301
Tampa, Florida 33609
USA: Florida: Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Hernando and Citrus counties