Foundation / Corporation
Charter Oak Federal Credit Union
10/01/18 - for grants over $2,500; Grants under $2,500 may be submitted at any time
Grants to Connecticut nonprofits for programs that will enhance economic development and social welfare in the counties of Windham and New London. Priority will be given to programs in the areas of education, job training, health, human services, housing, community development, and the arts.
Requests will be considered based on the number of people served, the level of need of the people to be served, and the potential impact of the program.
Focus Area Details:
1) Education/Job Training - Programs or organizations helping people achieve their goals through education; such as adult literacy and job training programs.
2) Health programs - Programs that provide direct service to the community; such as hospitals, community health programs, prevention programs, and intervention services.
3) Human Services - Projects that enhance and improve the quality of personal life for the residents of communities in our field of membership; such as libraries, municipal programs, social services for families and children, and economic development initiatives.
4) Housing - Projects or organizations that expand home ownership opportunities and provide access to affordable housing within our communities.
5) Community Development/Revitalization - Projects or organizations that revitalize areas or develop areas, stimulating the local economy.
6) Arts - A wide range of cultural events including theater, music and art programs that broaden the access to cultural activities and enrich the lives of people who live and work in the communities served by our credit union.
GrantWatch ID#: 178885
Multiple year commitments will be considered, but are limited.
Organizations must be 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt by the Internal Revenue Service serving one or more of the communities in New London or Windham counties.
Grants will not be made to the following types of applicants:
- Fraternal, Political, and Religious Groups
- Organizations that are not open to the general public
- Organizations with IRS Private Foundation designation
- Organizations that are not located within the boundaries of New London and Windham counties
Grant applications for under $2,500 may be submitted at any time throughout the calendar year. Applications for amounts $2,500 and over will be reviewed quarterly on the schedule that appears below:
- Recipients for funding requests received by January 1st will be announced in March.
- Recipients for funding requests received by April 1st will be announced in June.
- Recipients for funding requests received by July 1st will be announced in September.
- Recipients for funding requests received by October 1st will be announced in December.
All applicants will be notified in writing of the Community Giving Committee’s decision. Applicants may request information about the program or how to apply for funding, as well as discuss their project prior to submitting an application by calling the Community Relations Manager (see Contact Information below).
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Send the application and supporting documents to:
Charter Oak Federal Credit Union
Community Giving Program
1055 Hartford Turnpike
Waterford, CT 06385
Public Relations Coordinator
USA: Connecticut: New London and Windham Counties