Foundation / Corporation
Pasadena Community Foundation (PCF)
02/09/18 3:00 PM
Grants ranging from $2,500 to $25,000 to Pasadena area, California nonprofit organizations for substantial capital projects or vital equipment acquisitions. Eligible applicant organizations should be located and provide service within the boundaries of the Pasadena Unified School District (Pasadena, Altadena, and Sierra Madre).
The purpose of the Capital Grant is to make a significant contribution towards a tangible and enduring capital need, with a useful life of at least 3-5 years. The Foundation encourages the use of Pasadena area vendors when appropriate.
Lower priority will be given to requests for capital purchases that should typically be a routine part of an organization’s annual operating budget, such as periodic replacement of office equipment.
GrantWatch ID#: 178916
Capital Grant requests will be accepted for $2,500 – $25,000.
- Grants may be made only to tax-exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) or 170(c)(1) or (2)(b) of the Internal Revenue Code. None shall be made to Private Foundations under Section 509(1) of the Code.
- An organization must have been in existence for at least two years (based on date of IRS determination letter) and have achieved a record of effective service and sustainability.
- All previous grants awarded by PCF have to be completed. A grantee with an “open” grant will not be eligible for new funding. Grantees who have not complied with previous grant deadlines and reporting or submission of receipts may not be eligible for new grant consideration.
- An agency may only apply for one grant per cycle.
-Any equipment or capital refurbishment paid for with PCF grant funds must specifically serve Pasadena area residents.
The Foundation will not make Capital Grants to or for:
- Direct aid to individuals.
- Retirement of debt or costs of capital items already acquired.
- Influencing legislation or elections.
- Individual public schools or their support and activity groups. This includes, but is not limited to PTA/PTO, sports teams, music programs, or booster clubs.
- Private educational institutions, preschool, K-12, college or vocational institutions. PCF will, however, consider funding of non-public schools primarily serving special needs population or a diverse socio-economic or disadvantaged population.
- Sectarian religious organizations or churches. PCF will, however, consider requests from sectarian religious organizations for support of community social service oriented activities sponsored by such organizations, provided that such activities meet all other eligibility requirements.
- Agencies not engaged in the actual performance of direct services to individuals consistent with PCF purposes.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, disability, ethnic origin, gender, gender orientation, race, or religion.
- Building improvements of leased property. PCF typically will not invest in building improvements to property not owned by the nonprofit applicant organization. Some exceptions may be made at the discretion of the board to property owned by the city or school district or other public entity or for exceptionally long term lease arrangements.
The deadline for 2018 Capital Grant applications is Friday, February 9, 2018 at 3:00 PM.
Capital Grants are awarded in May.
Organizations seeking funding from the Pasadena Community Foundation may only apply for one grant per cycle in the Capital or Senior or Education Grant Programs.
Funding is not available on a retroactive or reimbursement basis.
All application documents must be submitted in PDF format in a single email to the Foundation. The subject line should read: "2018 PCF Capital Grant Application - [Org name]". File formats other than PDF (Word, Excel, Pages, JPG, etc.) are not acceptable.
Click on the links in the Supporting Documents section below to download the application and grant checklist.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Send application and documents to email@example.com.
Jennifer Fleming DeVoll, Executive Director
Phone: (626) 796-2097, ext. 2
Shawna McClain, Finance & Administration Assistant
Phone: (626) 796-2097, ext. 4
Pasadena Community Foundation
301 E. Colorado Blvd., Suite 810
Pasadena CA 91101
Phone: (626) 796-2097
Fax: (626) 583-4738
USA: California: Pasadena, specifically, the area defined by the boundaries of the Pasadena Unified School District (Pasadena, Altadena & Sierra Madre).