Foundation / Corporation
Pasadena Community Foundation (PCF)
02/09/18 3:00 PM
Grants ranging from $5,000 to $10,000 to Pasadena, California nonprofit organizations for programs, projects, and/or services that aim to meet the health needs of local resident seniors (ages 65 and up). Priority will be given to organizations that focus on meeting the health needs of the mentally, physically, or economically frail.
PCF has a particular interest in home-bound seniors, a group that may be difficult to identify and/or connect with services.
To achieve this goal, the Foundation will fund organizations and programs that serve the health needs (broadly defined as nutrition, assistance with activities of daily living, and medical services) of this target demographic through:
- Enhancing food security
- Providing ancillary medical services (dental, vision, hearing)
- Enabling seniors to remain independent in their home
- Providing caregiver support (with a particular interest in senior caregivers) and elder abuse prevention
- Providing transportation services (with a particular interest in door to door services targeting the frail elderly)
The Foundation pursues this goal by funding organizations that can demonstrate measurable outcomes and that have:
- A track record of working with the senior population.
- The ability to identify and outreach to homebound or underserved seniors.
- The capacity to sustain, enhance or expand services.
GrantWatch ID#: 178917
Senior Grants are limited to a range of $5,000 to $10,000.
This is an annual grant opportunity. Agencies will be eligible to reapply for a second year of funding.
- Grants may be made only to tax-exempt organizations under Section 501(c)3 or 170(c)(1) or (2)(b) of the Internal Revenue code. None shall be made to Private Foundations under Section 509 (1) of the Code.
- An organization must have been in existence for at least two years (based on the date of IRS determination letter) and have achieved a record of effective service and sustainability.
- All previous grants have to be completed. A grantee with an “open grant” will be ineligible for new funding. Grantees who have not complied with previous grant deadlines and reporting or submission of receipts may not be eligible for new grant consideration.
- An agency may only apply for one grant per cycle.
The Foundation will not make senior grants to or for:
- Direct aid to individuals.
- Influencing legislation or elections.
- Sectarian religious organizations or churches. PCF will, however, consider requests from sectarian religious organizations for support of community social service oriented activities sponsored by such organizations, provided that such activities meet all other eligibility requirements.
- Agencies not engaged in the actual performance of direct services to individuals consistent with Pasadena Community Foundation purposes.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, disability, ethnic origin, gender, gender orientation, race, or religion.
- Building improvements on leased property. PCF typically will not invest in building improvements to property not owned by the non-profit applicant organization. Some exceptions may be made at the discretion of the board to property owned by the city or school districts or other public entity or for an exceptionally long term lease arrangement.
Funding is not available on a retroactive or reimbursement basis.
The deadline for 2018 Senior Grant applications is Friday, February 9, 2018 at 3:00 PM. Senior Grants are awarded in May.
Click on the links in the Supporting Documents section below to download the application and grant checklist.
All application documents must be submitted in PDF format in a single email. The subject line should read: "2018 PCF Senior Grant Application - [Org name]". File formats other than PDF (Word, Excel, Pages, JPG, etc.) are not acceptable.
Organizations seeking funding from the Pasadena Community Foundation may only apply for one grant per cycle in the Capital or Senior or Education Grant Programs.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email applications to: email@example.com
Jennifer Fleming DeVoll, Executive Director
Phone: (626) 796-2097, ext. 2
Shawna McClain, Donor/Grants Coordinator
Phone: (626) 796-2097, ext. 4
General Contact Information:
Pasadena Community Foundation
301 E. Colorado Blvd., Suite 810
Pasadena CA 91101
Phone: (626) 796-2097
Fax: (626) 583-4738
USA: California: Pasadena