Foundation / Corporation
The Rogers Foundation
Grants of up to $25,000 to Clark County, Nevada K-12 public schools and nonprofit organizations for programs to improve student learning and success. Funding may be used to support students' exposure to the arts, to address the basic needs of underserved students, as well as for any other educational program to enable at-risk students to achieve academic success.
Currently, the following three funding categories are offered:
Gift of Imagination Grants:
Funding can be applied to any K-12 program or initiative in the Clark County (Nevada) School District that increases student participation in, or exposure to, the arts or music. The purpose of these grants is to provide students with additional opportunities for creative expression and to offer the community at large the opportunity to engage in those endeavors.
Gift of Assurance Grants:
Grant funding can be applied to any existing program or initiative at a public K-12 school in the Clark County (Nevada) School District that assists in the delivery of basic needs (such as food, clothing, shelter, or healthcare) to underserved student populations. The purpose of these grants is to support programs providing innovative and sustainable solutions to the critical needs of students, ensuring these needs are met so students are able to focus and achieve in school.
Gift of Knowledge Grants:
Funding can be applied to any program or initiative at a public K-12 school in the Clark County (Nevada) School District that will improve student performance, particularly among at-risk student populations. The purpose of these grants is to provide assistance to schools that are attempting to close the achievement gap in vulnerable children populations.
In general, The Rogers Foundation will accept grant applications for support in the following areas:
- Grants to meet specific needs of schools selected by the Foundation, including technology, furnishings, additional educators, or support staff (for direct student assistance only).
- Support for the arts and music programs in Southern Nevada schools.
- Support for specific needs at local schools with significant ELL populations.
- Support for programs or initiatives that focus on STEM.
- Supplement funding for high school or college entrepreneurship programs.
- Establish funding for mentorship programs.
Other areas in which The Rogers Foundation intends to support educational opportunities include:
- The Foundation may provide incentive "bonuses" to outstanding teachers at schools selected by the Foundation, including "bonuses" to teachers who teach at schools with significant ELL populations.
- The Foundation may provide funding for visiting professors at accredited Nevada schools.
- The Foundation may provide funding for programs that promote creativity and academic excellence.
GrantWatch ID#: 178956
The amount of the award available is up to $25,000.
For all three grants, priority will be given to Clark County K-12 schools that apply directly for funding, although any nonprofit may apply.
The RFP will open on December 1, 2017. Applications are due no later than March 23, 2018. Awards will be made no later than May 31, 2018.
If you are a nonprofit, you must have a letter of support from the Principal of the school you intend to benefit and your application must include evidence of your 501c (3) status as well as your most recent 990.
If you are a school, you must have a letter of support from your Principal and any required school administrators to accept the funds if awarded. Below is a template for your submission.
Grant Writing Guide: https://sites.google.com/a/unlv.edu/grantwritingsupport/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply at the bottom of the URL for Full Text (RFP) below.
Grant and Scholarship Director
Contact Form: http://therogers.foundation/contact-us.html
701 South 9th Street
Las Vegas, NV 89101
USA: Nevada: Clark County (Nevada) School District