Foundation / Corporation
The Rogers Foundation
03/31/19 11:59 PM PST
Grants of up to $25,000 to Clark County, Nevada K-12 public schools and nonprofit organizations for programs to improve educational outcomes and to prepare students for success. Funding may be used to increase students' exposure to the arts, to address the basic needs of underserved students, as well as for any other educational program to enable at-risk students to achieve academic success.
Currently, the following three funding categories are offered:
Gift of Imagination: The purpose of the grant is to provide students additional opportunities for creative expression and to offer the community at large the opportunity to engage in those endeavors.
Gift of Assurance: The purpose of this grant is to support programs providing innovative and sustainable solutions to the critical needs of students, ensuring these needs are met so students are able to focus and achieve in school.
Gift of Knowledge: The purpose of this grant is to provide assistance to schools that are attempting to close the achievement gap in vulnerable children populations.
In general, The Rogers Foundation will accept grant applications for support in the following areas:
- Grants to meet specific needs of schools selected by the Foundation, including technology, furnishings, additional educators, or support staff (for direct student assistance only).
- Support for the arts and music programs in Southern Nevada schools.
- Support for specific needs at local schools with significant ELL populations.
- Support for programs or initiatives that focus on STEM.
- Supplement funding for high school or college entrepreneurship programs.
- Establish funding for mentorship programs.
Other areas in which The Rogers Foundation intends to support educational opportunities include:
- The Foundation may provide incentive "bonuses" to outstanding teachers at schools selected by the Foundation, including "bonuses" to teachers who teach at schools with significant ELL populations.
- The Foundation may provide funding for visiting professors at accredited Nevada schools.
- The Foundation may provide funding for programs that promote creativity and academic excellence.
GrantWatch ID#: 178956
The amount of the award available is up to $25,000 for each RFP.
For all three grants, priority will be given to Clark County K-12 schools that apply directly for funding, although any nonprofit may apply.
Applications are due no later than March 31, 2019. Awards will be made no later than May 31, 2019.
If you are a nonprofit, you must have a letter of support from the Principal of the school you intend to benefit and your application must include evidence of your 501c (3) status as well as your most recent 990.
If you are a school, you must have a letter of support from your Principal and any required school administrators to accept the funds if awarded. Below is a template for your submission.
Grant Proposal Resource Guide: https://sites.google.com/a/unlv.edu/grantwritingsupport/home
Gift of Assurance RFP: http://therogers.foundation/grants/gift-of-assurance/
Gift of Imagination RFP: http://therogers.foundation/grants/gift-of-imagination/
Gift of Knowledge RFP: http://therogers.foundation/grants/gift-of-knowledge/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply at the bottom of the URL for Full Text (RFP) below.
Grant and Scholarship Director
Contact Form: http://therogers.foundation/contact-us.html
701 South 9th Street
Las Vegas, NV 89101
USA: Nevada: Clark County (Nevada) School District