Foundation / Corporation
Michigan Baseball Foundation (MBF)
Grants to Michigan nonprofits in the Great Lakes Bay region to develop programs that promote amateur sports and fitness for youth. Priority is given to programs that also contribute to regional economic development by promoting the general welfare of the area and expanding employment opportunities.
GrantWatch ID#: 178981
The Michigan Baseball Foundation considers funding nonprofit organizations from the Great Lakes Bay Region. Primary consideration is given to organizations in Midland, Bay, Saginaw, Clare, Gladwin, Gratiot, Genesee, Isabella, Ogemaw, Tuscola, Huron, Arenac and Iosco counties.
The decision to fund an organization's project is determined by one or more of the following guidelines. These guidelines reflect the purposes for which the Michigan Baseball Foundation has been organized:
- The organization contributes to regional economic development
- The organization is based in the Mid-Michigan area and serves young people
- The funded project promotes amateur sports and fitness
Strong consideration is also given to organizations that have:
- A practical financial development plan is either in place or underway
- A strong infrastructure and solid operational plan in place or under development
- Dynamic leadership both at the management level and on the governing board(s)
- Strategic alliances with other public and private agencies, businesses, and individuals
- A system for evaluating and developing their programs, management, and staff to keep the organization viable and effective
Grants are intended to fund projects. The grants are not intended to fund day-to-day operations.
The deadline for submissions is February 2, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Carol VanWert, Executive Assistant & MBF Grants
Michigan Baseball Foundation
825 E. Main Street
Midland, MI 48640
USA: Michigan: Midland, Bay, Saginaw, Clare, Gladwin, Gratiot, Genesee, Isabella, Ogemaw, Tuscola, Huron, Arenac and Iosco Counties