Foundation / Corporation
Kosciusko County Community Foundation
Grants to Kosciusko County, Indiana nonprofits for programs that will benefit the local community. Applicants should contact the Foundation's staff before applying. Funding will be awarded to programs that fall within the following areas of interest: arts and culture, civic projects, human services, recreation, health, environment, and education.
The Foundation favors awarding grants that:
- Reach a broad segment of the community, especially those affecting citizens whose needs are not being met by existing services that are normally expected to be provided by private rather than government sources
- Request seed money to create innovative opportunities to meet needs in the community
- Stimulate and encourage additional funding
- Promote cooperation and avoid duplication
- Help make a charitable organization more effective and efficient and better able to be self-sustaining
GrantWatch ID#: 179005
Nonprofit organizations serving Kosciusko County are eligible to apply.
The Foundation places low priority on the following, which are unlikely to receive funding:
- Projects where Kosciusko County Community Foundation, Inc. is the sole funder
- Reduction of debt (including payment for items purchased prior to grant approval)
- Attendance at conferences, seminars or other projects
- Programs that fall more appropriately under government funding, such as operating expenses for public schools and police or fire protection
- Requests from organizations that have received a Community Funds grant in the past 12 months
- Requests from organizations that have an open Community Funds grant file (i.e. a balance remaining on a previous grant or an unfiled final report)
The Foundation will not consider grants for:
- Political activities or those designated to influence legislation
- National organizations (unless the monies are to be used solely to benefit citizens of Kosciusko County)
- Fund-raising projects
- The direct benefit of the donor or the donor’s family
- Religious organizations for the sole purpose of furthering that religion (this prohibition does not apply to funds created by donors who have specifically designated religious organizations as beneficiaries of the funds)
- Contributions to endowments
Grant applications are due March 1, July 1, and November 1 of each year.
Grant awards are announced approximately ten weeks after each deadline.
Grant seekers are strongly encouraged to call the Foundation’s program staff to discuss a grant proposal before submitting a formal application.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply: https://kcfoundationgrants.communityforce.com/Login.aspx?7861726F417A39587757633D
Amy Cannon, Program Staff
Phone: (574) 267-1901
Kosciusko County Community Foundation, Inc.
102 East Market Street
Warsaw, IN 46580
USA: Indiana: Kosciusko County