Foundation / Corporation
10/05/18 Close of business
Grants of $10,000 to Colorado, Alabama, and Florida nonprofits in eligible communities to assist disadvantaged individuals and families. Funding is intended to assist the financially disadvantaged, or people who do not have access to basic healthcare, human services, and basic needs such as food, clothing, and shelter.
Nonprofits must serve residents of Huntsville and Madison County, Alabama; Eglin, Florida; and Colorado Springs, Colorado.
GrantWatch ID#: 179026
Torch Helps awards $10,000 grants.
Eligibility requirements include but are not limited to the following:
- Must be a non-profit organization recognized under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and contributions shall be deductible by donors under section 170 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Must be a community-based organization operating in the area of Torch Technologies Employee’s Residence.
- Services rendered by agency must be open to all members of the community regardless of race, religion, political affiliation, ability to pay or background.
- Agency mission must be in-line with Torch Helps Mission.
- Agencies intended use of Torch Helps grant monies must be in-line with Torch Helps Mission.
- 100 % of Torch Helps grant monies must be used in area of Torch Employee’s residence.
- Agency must meet criteria set forth by Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance Standards for Charity Accountability (see http://www.bbb.org for details of standards).
Organizations are ineligible if they meet any of the following:
- Non-profit without a current 501(c)(3) status
- Private Foundations
- Public or Private Educational Institutions to include non-profit
- Tax Supported Institutions
- Social Organizations/Committees
- Religious organizations without secular community designation (i.e. must provide services to people regardless of their religious beliefs. Example: A food bank that is a separate 501(c)(3) organization from a church that provides food to anyone who qualifies for services, regardless of religious belief.)
- Agencies that have received a Torch Helps Grant in the past 24 months.
Applications may be submitted at any time. Applications must be submitted before the deadline for a specific quarterly grant to be considered for that grant.
2018 Grant Application Due Dates
- Spring: January 19, 2018
- Summer: April 6, 2018
- Fall: July 6, 2018
- Winter: October 5, 2018
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Grant applications must be completed, signed and returned by mail or delivered in person to:
Attn: Torch Helps Grant Application
4035 Chris Drive Suite C
Huntsville, AL 35802
USA: Alabama: Huntsville and Madison County; Colorado: Colorado Springs; Florida: Eglin