Foundation / Corporation
Communities of Coastal Georgia Foundation (CCGF)
Grant of up to $5,000 to Georgia nonprofits, educational institutions, governmental agencies, and religious and civic organizations for programs that serve at-risk youth and their parents and caregivers in Glynn, McIntosh, or Camden Counties.
The Foundation will continue to focus on agencies working with at-risk youth and demonstrating measurable results. In addition, this year the Foundation will expand its focus, taking into consideration that the success of young people is connected in-part to the success of their caregivers. Using a two-generational approach, the CCGF will also consider proposals from agencies that support the parents, guardians and caregivers of at-risk youth.
The Foundation will accept proposals from agencies with:
1) Programs serving at-risk youth and which specifically address one of these areas: Early Childhood Literacy and/or Quality-Rated Child Care; Teen pregnancy and births to unwed young mothers; Juvenile Crime and Gang Activity; High School Graduation and Workforce Readiness; Youth Development and Innovative Education Strategies; or Risk Reduction, including child protective, substance abuse, and/or mental health services.
2) Services that concentrate on parenting, job skills and financial security for adults.
Preference will be given to those projects and programs that:
- Show collaboration
- Show ability to mobilize diversified financial support and in-kind support and volunteers to sustain the program
Document the need they seek to address using quality research methods
- Offer innovative strategies and creative solutions without duplicating services
- Demonstrate past performance in delivering quality service to the residents of more than one county in the service area
GrantWatch ID#: 179063
Grant proposals may request funding up to $5,000 each.
Grants are awarded for a twelve month period, July through June.
The Foundation invites applications from nonprofit, public charities and educational institutions serving the citizens of Glynn, McIntosh, and/or Camden Counties. Governmental agencies, religious, and civic organizations will also be considered if the grant is to be used strictly for charitable purposes as defined by the Internal Revenue Code, Section 170.
- Current I.R.S. determination letter;
- Registered as a nonprofit with the Georgia Secretary of State;
- Service to residents in the counties of Glynn, McIntosh, and/or Camden Counties;
- Board of directors with representation from the community/communities served;
- Annual plan and budget;
- Audited financial statements for the last fiscal year if annual budget is greater than $500,000, or a review by an independent, certified public accountant if annual budget is less;
- Fulfilled reporting requirements of prior CCGF grants (2017 recipients must provide a final report prior to submission of a 2018 proposal); and
- Documentation of some matching support.
Funding will not be considered for the following activities:
- Retroactive funding (project dates must occur after June 2018)
- Capital building campaigns
- Annual fundraising campaigns
- Advocacy or lobbying efforts
- Grants for religious activities
- Grants to individuals
- Debt or deficit reduction
- International NGOs
- Medical or academic research
- Grants for re-granting
Prospective applicants are welcome to discuss their proposal request prior to beginning the application process. Let staff know as well if you have issues with the fillable form. Contact Ellen Post for assistance.
2019 Grant Cycle Time Table:
- Jan 2: Grant Cycle Opens
- Feb 28: Grant Proposal Deadline
- April-May: Site Visits Scheduled
- June: Notifications
Applications MUST be submitted and received by the deadline.
Applicants must provide documentation of some matching support.
Eligibility and How to Apply: https://www.coastalgeorgiafoundation.org/grantmaking/our-grantmaking/competitive
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit the application form by mail or email to:
Ellen Post, Grants/Operations Manager
Phone: (912) 268-2561
Fax: (912) 268-2316
Communities of Coastal Georgia Foundation
1626 Frederica Road, Suite 201
St. Simons Island, GA 31522
General Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
USA: Georgia: Glynn, McIntosh, and Camden Counties