Foundation / Corporation
CenDel Foundation - Kent County Fund for the Arts (KCFA)
04/01/19 Postmarked or Delivered
Grants to Kent County, Delaware nonprofit organizations, schools, and public institutions to promote arts opportunities for local residents. Funding is intended to support initiatives that sponsor single or seasonal productions, encourage the acquisition of new works of art, and bring arts exhibits and shows to the County.
The Kent County Fund for the Arts grants funding to schools, clubs, and civic/community organizations for programs that help to foster growth of the arts and arts organizations in Kent County, as well as those organizations that support the arts.
The Kent County Fund for the Arts is interested in:
- Enhancing the residents' quality of life. This includes quality and impact of the program. How many will be impacted? What is the duration of the project?
- Educating and broadening perspectives. Will there be an educational component to the program? How many will be impacted? What will those impacted learn?
- Economic and Community Development. Will this project serve or create a community or special interest? Will this project generate some measurable economic impact? Will this promote Kent County as a destination, either for visitation, or relocation?
GrantWatch ID#: 179081
Programs and projects completed before the grant is awarded are ineligible for funding. (Note: Grants will be awarded before June 14, 2019.)
Applications are accepted from schools, non-profit, and civic/community organizations for programs that help to foster growth of arts organizations in Kent County, as well as those organizations that support the arts.
Organizations that qualify for the grant must be public institutions and qualified 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations having documentation of non-profit status from the IRS, or having fiduciary responsibility with a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Agencies must serve residents without discrimination based on race, religion, gender, age or national origin.
The Kent County Fund for the Arts generally does not make grants for the following:
- Capital support (e.g. bricks and mortar, new lights, projectors, etc.)
- General operating expenses
- Start up costs
- Lobbying or any other activity of a political nature
- Endowment or debt reduction
- Religious activities that limit an audience
Applications must be postmarked or delivered by Monday, April 1, 2019.
Grants will be awarded before June 14, 2019.
The Kent County Fund for the Arts conducts one annual grant making cycle in June. Only under rare circumstances would a grant be made outside of this cycle.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To submit the application, mail to:
Kent County Fund for the Arts
c/o CenDel Foundation
101 W. Loockerman St, Suite 1C
Dover, DE 19904
Direct questions about the grant application form or process via email (no phone calls, please):
USA: Delaware: Kent County