Delaware Forest Service (DFS)
03/01/19 4:30 PM Receipt
Grants ranging from $500 to $5,000 to Delaware nonprofit organizations, municipalities, and community associations for urban forestry projects. Applicants must schedule a site visit prior to submitting an application. Funding is intended for projects in one of two categories: tree inventory management and tree planting. Eligible projects must be performed on public lands within the community. Priority is given to first time applicants, tree-friendly communities, and applicants that have passed an Urban Tree Canopy Goal Resolution (only applies to Municipalities).
Grant Program Objectives:
1. Increase urban tree canopy throughout Delaware by promoting quality tree planting and management projects.
2. To diversify, enhance, and promote the proper stewardship of Delaware’s urban forest resources.
3. To encourage sustainable urban and community forestry programs throughout Delaware.
4. Promote green infrastructure that will help with storm water management
5. To reduce poor air quality through urban forest management practices.
Project evaluation criteria include:
- Addresses proper storm water management practices, forested buffers
- Helps develop sustainable urban and community forestry programs
- Enhances and promotes proper stewardship (protecting, pruning, watering)
- Helps sustain or maintain urban tree canopy
- Promotes tree management planning or proper tree care
- Creation of tree inventory
- Trees for afforesting open community spaces
- “Right tree, right place” (site appropriate species consideration)
GrantWatch ID#: 179082
Grants range from a minimum of $500 to a maximum of $5,000.
Urban and Community Forestry grants are not intended to provide ongoing funding.
Match must take place during grant cycle: October 1, 2018 to November 16, 2019.
Tree planting projects must include a 5-year plan for how the tree(s) will be managed and cared for, including protection, watering, and mulching in accordance with the U.S. Forest Service’s Tree Owner’s Manual.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://goo.gl/4wQYJZ
All questions concerning the grant applications process should be directed to:
Kesha Braunskill, Urban Forestry Coordinator
Delaware Forest Service
Urban and Community Forestry Grant Program
2320 S. DuPont Highway
Dover, DE 19901