Foundation / Corporation
CommunityGiving - Central Minnesota Community Foundation (CMCF) - Eckblad Williams Community Fund (EWCF)
Grants of up to $900 to Minnesota nonprofits for programs that supplement and enhance the orchestra program for students in public schools in the St. Cloud area. Support is provided for equipment repair, concert attendance, and professional development for teachers. Projects that provide learning opportunities for those who might not otherwise have them are strongly encouraged.
Funding is intended to supplement or enhance, not replace other sources of funds.
Project examples include:
- Travel scholarships for students in orchestra classes to hear professional level musicians.
- Grants for professional development for string teachers. Funding may include registration, meals, accommodations, and transportation.
- Supplemental funds for repair of ISD 742 owned or donated instruments.
- Grants for individual students to attend summer camps and institutes or to take summer lessons.
- Purchase of additional music for special concerts, events, and performances, beyond the usual budgeted amount.
- Payment of artists, such as string quartets and guest artists, to perform for orchestra classes.
- Payment for the hiring of soloists, harpists, or accompanists for special events and concerts.
- Payment for instrumentalists to support and mentor students in pit orchestras.
- Funding for field trips for school orchestras to perform at nursing homes, festivals, workshops, or other events.
- Student scholarships for private study for a limited period of time such as 6-8 weeks.
GrantWatch ID#: 179123
Grant funding levels will be $100 - $900.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
All applications must be submitted in person or by mail to:
Eckblad Williams Community Fund
c/o Central Minnesota Community Foundation
101 7th Avenue South #100
Saint Cloud, MN 56301
USA: Minnesota: St. Cloud area