Foundation / Corporation
Vermont Children's Trust Foundation (VCTF), Children and Family Council for Prevention Programs, and Vermont Department for Children and Families (DCF)
Grants ranging from $2,000 to $20,000 to Vermont nonprofit organizations, public entities, and schools to improve or expand children and youth services. Funding is intended for primary prevention programs that will reduce the chances of juvenile delinquency, substance abuse, truancy, child abuse, and other socially destructive behaviors.
Three Types of CTF Grants:
- New Program Grants - One Year: New program grants are available to support planning, assessment or trial run to determine the viability of this program in your community.
- Supporting Grants - Three Year: Supporting grants are intended to start new programs or to support enhancements or expansions to existing programs.
- Equipment Grants: These smaller grants are intended to help grantees carry out their business by offering support for purchasing needed equipment or supplies.
Proposals should address one of the following State Outcomes:
- Vermont's families are safe, nurturing, stable and supported
- Vermont's children and young people achieve their potential.
In addition to the State Outcomes, applicants should incorporate one or more of the following Strengthening Family Protective Factors or Youth Thrive Protective and Promotive Factors in their grant application:
- Parental Resilience
- Youth Resilience
- Social Connections
- Knowledge of Parenting and Child Development
- Knowledge of Adolescent Development
- Concrete Support in Times of Need
- Cognitive, Social and Emotional Competence of Children
Programs should do the following:
- Affirm and promote positive family functioning;
- Work to positively influence societal forces that affect parents, children, and youth;
- Are offered to all members of the population designed to be served by the grant;
- Ensure voluntary participation in the programs or activities.
- Strive for coordinated and effective youth services, including services for at-risk youth
- Promote racial equity and reduction of race disparities.
GrantWatch ID#: 179136
New Program Grants (One Year): The maximum grant amount is $7,500.
Supporting Grants (Three Years): Three year grants range from $5,000 to $20,000 for the first year, with a possibility for continued funding for up to two (2) additional years. The average award in 2019 was $10,000.
- Equipment Grants: The maximum grant amount is $2,000.
If awarded a CTF grant, awards will be issued in mid-August for a start-up on September 1, 2019 through August 31, 2020.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.