Foundation / Corporation
Salem Health and Wellness Foundation
Grants to Salem County, New Jersey nonprofits, government agencies, public schools, and faith-based organizations for projects or services that benefit the community. An LOI is due January 2, 2018. Areas of interest include access to healthcare, preventative care, and career opportunities. Funding may be used for planning new projects, implementing new services, or the expansion of existing services.
Funding areas of interest include the following:
- Improving Access to Health Care
Proposals that permit broad segments of the population, especially underserved groups such as the poor and migrant workers, better access to primary and specialty medical services, including dental care and behavioral healthcare, are encouraged. Improved transportation systems for patients, support services for caregivers and advocacy initiatives to increase public and private funding to meet local healthcare needs are examples of projects designed to improve access.
- Preventive Care
Increasing the availability and utilization of proven techniques for the prevention of accidents, injury and illness are a Foundation interest. Examples of such programs include immunizations, screenings and wellness and fitness programs.
- Career Opportunities
Efforts to promote the recruitment, education, and retention of skilled healthcare professionals in Salem County are favored. While the Foundation does not provide direct grants or scholarships to individuals, scholarship and loan programs towards this end, especially through Salem County post-secondary institutions are an area of interest. Programs that offer career training in healthcare professions where a critical shortage of trained personnel can be documented are encouraged.
GrantWatch ID#: 179147
Eligibility for Salem County Providers:
- Organizations classified as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and as public charities, under Section 509(a) of that code. Individuals and for-profit organizations are not eligible for funding.
- Churches and religious organizations may be eligible to receive funding for activities that are non-sectarian and benefit the larger community.
- Government agencies and public schools are eligible for funding but not for programs where public funding has been eliminated.
- Institutions that discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, creed, gender, or sexual orientation in policy or practice.
- Scholarships and fellowships awarded by your organization to individuals.
- Sectarian religious activities, political lobbying or legislative activities.
- Direct replacement of government support.
Eligibility for Providers Outside of Salem County
In addition to the requirements listed above, applicants outside of Salem County must:
- Have a presence established in the County; or
- Have experience working with residents of the County; or
- Have experience partnering with nonprofit organizations in the County.
Grant funds may not be used for the following activities:
- Student Assistance Programs (SAP’s)
- Capital expenditures
- Extensive and costly playground, gym or pool upgrades
- Replacement of existing funded programs or supplanting of general fund money for any purpose.
- LOI due January 2 and full proposal due January 16, 2018
- LOI due March 1 and full proposal due March 15, 2018
- LOI due May 1 and full proposal due May 15, 2018
- LOI due July 2 and full proposal due July 13, 2018
- LOI due September 4 and full proposal due September 14, 2018
- LOI due November 1 and full proposal due November 15, 2018
Please note that the Foundation will not fund more than 20% of an organization’s or project's total budget.
Each year the Foundation is able to fund only a fraction of the requests that are reviewed. A denial of funding is not necessarily a reflection of the program or proposal, but is the result of a highly competitive process.
Application Instructions: http://salemwellnessfoundation.org/apply/apply-online/
Areas of Interest: http://salemwellnessfoundation.org/about/areas-of-interest/
Regular Applicant Registration Page Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etScRJXC2bE
Applicant Workflow with Decision Information Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYIBIKyW83Y
Guide to a Winning Application: http://salemwellnessfoundation.org/resources/guide-to-submitting-a-winning-application/
Submission Deadlines: http://salemwellnessfoundation.org/apply/submission-deadlines/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online: https://www.grantinterface.com/Common/LogOn.aspx?urlkey=salemwellnessfoundation
If you have any questions, please contact the Grant Administrator, Judy Foley, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the foundation (856) 299-4460.
USA: New Jersey: Salem County