Foundation / Corporation
Charlotte Street Foundation, KU Spencer Museum of Art
03/11/19 11:59 PM CST
Grants of up to $6,000 to Kansas and Missouri artists, artist collectives, artist-run spaces, and curators residing in and near the Kansas City metropolitan area for arts projects in public spaces. These grants support artist-driven, innovative projects that involve experimental work and ideas.
Rocket Grants fund projects that:
- Add energy and diversity to the arts in the region
- Happen in unexpected places
- Challenge mainstream methods of thinking, making or presentation
- Encourage the development of new kinds of audiences
- Connect with, and provide opportunities for creative growth, to either the artist community, or the general public (projects could address both)
The Rocket Grants program for 2019-20 include:
- Full Project Awards
- Research and Development Awards
- Completion or implementation of previously selected R&D Awards.
Supported projects may include visual art, performance, film screenings, video, new media, writing, public programming, social practice and interdisciplinary projects. Performing artists and writers are eligible to apply, but all work should include a strong visual component, and performers or authors are encouraged to form collaborations with visual artists.
Projects that will reach or connect artists and/or diverse communities from different parts of the region (e.g. bridge between Kansas City & Lawrence, or involve underserved communities such as those whose opportunities to experience the arts are limited) are strongly encouraged, as are those that directly stimulate a stronger and more critical artists’ community.
Awarded artists are expected to remain in the Kansas City region for the entire duration of their award.
GrantWatch ID#: 179197
- Full Project Awards: Cash grants of up to $6,000 each.
- Research & Development Awards: Cash grants of $2,000 each.
- Completion of previously selected R&D Awards: Cash grants of $4,000.
The award period is between March 11, 2019 to May 14, 2020. All projects must be complete by Friday, May 14, 2020.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Within an 80-mile radius of the Kansas City metropolitan area: https://i0.wp.com/rocketgrants.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/kc80mile.jpg
USA: Kansas; Missouri