Foundation / Corporation
The Foundation for Enhancing Communities (TFEC) - Camp Hill Area Community Foundation (CHACF)
02/01/18 4:00 PM Receipt
Grants of up to $1,000 and grants of up to $2,500 to Camp Hill Area, Pennsylvania nonprofit organizations and youth agencies for programs and projects that improve the quality of life for local individuals and families. Funding for nonprofits is specifically intended for projects related to arts and culture, community development, education, environment, and health and human services. Funding for youth agencies, such as Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts, is intended for projects that will enhance any of Camp Hill Borough’s parks.
GrantWatch ID#: 179202
The maximum grant is $1,000. However, the maximum grant award for the area of interest fund serving Camp Hill Borough’s parks is $2,500.
Grants are awarded for one year. Proposed projects may take place at any time during the grant year beginning July 1, 2018 and ending June 30, 2019.
- Eligible projects must serve the Camp Hill area zip codes of 17011.
- Applicants must either be a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, or have a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization act as a fiscal sponsor for the proposed project.
- TFEC is most interested in organizations that demonstrate the ability to leverage additional community resources and partnerships to ensure continuation of the project after TFEC funding has ended.
This grant opportunity does not fund:
- Capital campaigns
- Direct lobbying to influence legislation or funding appropriations
- National and statewide umbrella organizations that cannot demonstrate a local presence
- New staff positions without a substantial plan for sustainability
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Retroactive projects
All application materials (both online and mailed or hand delivered) must be received by February 1, 2018 by, not postmarked by, 4:00 PM.
Applicants will be notified of their grant status on or before June 1, 2018.
CHACF will not fund 100% of any project.
Applicants may request a draft review of their application materials by the Program Officer for Community Investment prior to submission. Draft review requests should be limited to one review and staff will not be able to honor technical assistance requests made later than two weeks prior to the submission deadline.
All applicants are invited to contact Jennifer Strechay, Program Officer for Community Investment, to discuss an in progress or proposed project. Applicants may also request one review of their application materials by Ms. Strechay prior to submission; please note that requests made later than two weeks prior to the grant submission deadline will not be honored.
Grants Overview: https://www.tfec.org/nonprofits/grants-overview/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Application Portal: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_1351?SA=SNA&FID=35161
The Foundation for Enhancing Communities
Attn: Jennifer Strechay, Program Officer for Community Investment
PO Box 678
Harrisburg, PA 17108-0678
For more information, contact Jennifer Strechay at:
USA: Pennsylvania: Camp Hill Area