Foundation / Corporation
East Central Regional Arts Council (ECRAC)
04/01/19 11:59 PM
Grants of up to $1,000 to Minnesota individual artists in eligible counties for projects that promote their artistic growth. Artists at any stage (emerging to professional) and from any discipline are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be permanent residents of one of the following Counties for at least the past six months: Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, or Pine (7E Region).
Funding is intended for a specific art project designed to develop an individual's artistic skills; develop business skills as an artist; or to develop and use skills for engaging with audiences or communities.
What Can Be Funded:
The following are examples of individual artist projects and are not meant to be limiting or all-inclusive:
- Money to Produce Artwork. Those materials and/or services necessary for the completion of new work or works of art. This does now include time to work (i.e., an applicant’s time in the project).
- Money to Present Artwork. Costs involved in the arrangement of a visual arts exhibit, portfolio production, composer or musician demo production, or film/video.
- Money to Learn. Costs involved in training or mentoring with a renowned professional artist excluding college or university courses for credit.
GrantWatch ID#: 179205
Up to $1,000
The project should start at least 2 months after the grant application deadline, and must be able to be completed within 14 months of the grant deadline.
Applications are encouraged from artists in all disciplines. The applicant may be any individual artist who is a permanent resident (for at least 6 months) in one of the five Minnesota counties of: Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, or Pine.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
An artist is limited to one ECRAC artist award every two years. Artists are limited to one active ECRAC grant at a time.
No part of the grant may be used to cover expenses incurred before the approved start date or after the end of the project.
The Individual Artist program will not fund artists that are not permanent residents of Region 7E; school work by any level of students; projects which have or will receive funding from the Minnesota State Arts Board; applicants who intend to use the funding to move from Region 7E.
Ineligible uses of funds:
- Activities involving any organization at which the artist is employed;
- Tuition, fees or work toward any degree;
- Translation of literary work;
- Development of curriculum plans, teaching materials or teaching programs which are intended to be used in the regular course of my employment;
- Relocating legal residence outside Region 7E;
- Establishing any type of arts organization;
- Publishing with a vanity press or self-publication costs;
- Activities in which artists are required to pay excessive entry or exhibition fees in order to exhibit or perform;
- Payment of debts incurred before the grant start date;
- Activities that are essentially for the religious socialization of the participants or audience;
- Activities in primary or secondary parochial schools;
- Engaging in terrorism of any kind;
- Activities that attempt to influence any state/federal legislation or appropriation
Links for each grant program application will only become available about 4 weeks prior to each grant deadline.
On your first visit to the ECRAC Grant Portal, you will need to create a new account with a username and password. Please note that if you are applying as an organization, your organization can only have one username and password for the online system. Please be sure to keep this information as you will need it again to access the Portal for grant requirements and for all future requests.
Application and Project Deadlines:
Grant Deadline: Nov. 1, 2018
Technical Assistant Deadline: Oct. 15
Final Approval by Dec. 31, 2018
Earliest Start Date: Jan. 1, 2019
Latest End Date: Jan 1, 2020
Grant Deadline: Feb. 1, 2019
Technical Assistant Deadline: Jan. 15
Final Approval by March 31, 2019
Earliest Start Date: April 1, 2019
Latest End Date: April 1, 2020
Grant Deadline: April 1, 2019
Technical Assistant Deadline: March 15
Final Approval by May 31, 2019
Earliest Start Date: June 1, 2019
Latest End Date: June 1, 2020
If a deadline date falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline will be 11:59 PM on the next working day.
Technical assistance is guaranteed if you contact ECRAC staff before the technical assistance deadline. After that date, assistance can only be offered based on staff availability. The staff person can best be of help to you if you contact them well in advance of the application technical assistance deadline.
An artist is limited to one ECRAC artist award (Individual Artist Grant or Fellowship) every two years.
A payment for the total amount of the grant will be made within 45 days after receipt of the NGA and RFP.
For a calendar of ECRAC events, including workshops: http://www.ecrac.org/about-ecrac/calendar
For assistance in navigating the ECRAC Grant Application Portal, please refer to this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=21&v=etScRJXC2bE
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit applications through the ECRAC Grant Portal at: https://www.grantinterface.com/Common/LogOn.aspx?eqs=3RmDWZBndDIalUO9ekAyWA2
If you need further assistance navigating the ECRAC Grant Portal or have any other questions, please feel free to contact ECRAC at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (320)396-2337.
Katina Eklund, ECRAC Program Officer
Tel: 320-396-2337 x 2
East Central Regional Arts Council
112 Main Avenue South
PO Box 294
Braham, Minnesota 55006
USA: Minnesota: Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, or Pine