Foundation / Corporation
Richland County Foundation (RCF)
Grants to Richland County, Ohio nonprofit organizations, schools, government entities, and nonprofit medical facilities for projects that address current community needs. Applicants must contact the Foundation before submitting a proposal.
The Foundation typically looks for several of the following key elements in applications:
- A one-time grant, especially for a pilot project which can serve as a model or be replicated
- A project in which the Foundation is a funding partner, rather than the sole funder
- A project or program which promotes volunteer involvement
- An organization which can demonstrate the ability to sustain the project in the future when Foundation grant dollars end
- Projects or programs which are a collaborative effort among nonprofit organizations in the community which eliminate duplication of services
- A project which is likely to make a clear difference in the quality of life of a substantial number of people
- An organization which is proposing a practical approach to a solution to a current community problem
- A project or program which is focusing on prevention
- A worthy community project for which a grant from the Foundation will most likely leverage additional financial support
GrantWatch ID#: 179213
The Foundation encourages 501c3 organizations, government entities, schools and nonprofit medical facilities to partner with the Foundation to provide charitable programs to Richland County residents.
Richland County Foundation typically does not provide funding for the following:
- Sectarian activities of religious organizations
- Operating expenses for annual drives or to eliminate debt
- Medical, scientific, or academic research
- Individuals other than for college scholarships
- Travel to or in support of conferences, or travel for groups such as bands, sports teams and classes
- Capital improvements to building and property not owned by the organization or covered by a long-term lease
- Computer systems
- Projects that taxpayers support or expected to support
- Political issues
Grant writing workshops held at the Richland County Foundation include information on applying for grants only from Richland County Foundation.
Grantwriting Workshop dates and information:
The application procedure should begin by contacting Foundation Senior Community Investment Officer to schedule an initial meeting.
After a proposal is received, the Senior Community Investment Officer may contact the organization’s Program Coordinator to schedule a site visit. Members of the Foundation Board of Trustees may attend the site visits with Foundation staff.
Final decisions on all grant applications are made by the Board of Trustees approximately 6 – 8 weeks following the grant deadline.
Grant applications are reviewed four times per year. 2018 Deadlines:
- January 5, 2018
- April 13, 2018
- August 17, 2018
- October 12, 2018
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Allie Watson, Senior Community Investment Officer
Grant Writing Workshop RSVP:
Richland County Foundation
181 South Main Street
Mansfield, OH 44902
USA: Ohio: Richland County