McKinney Community Development Corporation (MCDC)
05/31/19 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $15,000 to Texas organizations, businesses, and agencies for events, initiatives, and promotional activities that develop business opportunities, attract visitors to the community, and enhance the quality of life for residents of the City of McKinney. Potential applicants must contact program staff to discuss their project before applying. Funding is available for municipal departments, tourist, community and convention facilities, and community service organizations to support their efforts to increase the city's attraction to visitors and improving the quality of life for residents.
Funding Source's Goals:
- Meet citizen needs for quality of life improvements, business development and sustainable economic growth for residents in the City of McKinney
- Support cultural, sports, fitness, entertainment, community projects and events that attract resident and visitor participation and contribute to quality of life, business development and growth of McKinney sales tax revenue
- Highlight and promote McKinney as a unique destination for residents and visitors alike
- Demonstrate informed financial planning – addressing long-term costs, budget consequences, and sustainability of projects for which funding is requested
- Educate the community about the impact local dining and shopping has on investment in quality of life improvements in McKinney.
Preference may be given to applicants who develop and demonstrate multiple revenue streams to financially support Project / Retail Development Infrastructure / Promotional / Community Event requests, and are not applying to other City of McKinney entities (e.g. Arts Commission, City of McKinney Community Support Grants, McKinney Convention and Visitors Bureau).
GrantWatch ID#: 179214
Promotional and Community Event Grants provide financial support not to exceed $15,000 per grant.
Approved project, promotion, or community event must be completed within one year, or consistent with performance agreement.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit an LOI: http://www.mckinneycdc.org/FormCenter/Grants-Awards-4/Grant-Request-Letter-of-Inquiry-46
Apply online: http://www.mckinneycdc.org/FormCenter/Grants-Awards-4/Promotional-and-Community-Event-Grant-Ap-50
or download and submit forms to:
Cindy Schneible, President
McKinney Community Development Corporation
5900 South Lake Forest Drive, Suite 110
McKinney, Texas 75070
USA: Texas: City of McKinney