Foundation / Corporation
03/08/19 Emailed or Postmarked by Date
Grants of up to $10,000 and grants of up to $50,000 to North Carolina and South Carolina nonprofit organizations, government agencies, schools, and synagogues for programs and projects that aim to enhance the lives of underserved older Jewish adults. Funding is intended to support new, innovative, community-based programs that meet a variety of physical, mental, and social needs.
There are 2 priority categories BJH seeks to support. They are:
Health and Wellness Programs that target people who may have multiple, complex, specific mental and/or physical health needs. Some examples include:
- Case Management with a licensed professional or case worker
- Congregational Nurse
- Dementia or memory impairment
- Group Day Care and Respite programs
- Other innovative approaches
Socialization Programs reaching out to Jewish adults whose basic needs may not be met and/or are geographically isolated. Some examples include:
- Community building, education and furtherance of Jewish values
- Food Distribution
- New and Innovative
BJH Foundation aims to help support programs and services that advance the Foundation’s vision. These include:
- Long term community impact.
- Collaboration with other local organizations.
- Participant involvement in social services (volunteer or financial.)
- Applicant organization showing their financial commitment to the program.
- Specific qualitative and quantitative outcomes such as numbers served and measurable impact on lives.
-Uniqueness (non-duplicative of other area programs or services)
- Competent grant management and program oversight.
GrantWatch ID#: 179259
Health and Wellness: up to $50,000 per year.
Socialization Programs: up to $10,000 per year.
Generally, one-year grants will be awarded.
However, grants for the health and wellness category may be funded for a possible duration of three years. Yearly approval will be required. For multiple year funded projects, grant amounts could decrease in year two and three with hopes the program will be self-funding.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit the application to:
PO Box 10383
Greensboro, NC 27404
Wendee M. Cutler, Executive Director
USA: North Carolina; South Carolina