Worcester County Arts Council (WCAC)
Grants to Worcester County, Maryland nonprofits, government agencies, and schools for the presentation or production of local arts projects or events. Funding is intended to support a wide variety of creative and innovative projects that are of outstanding artistic quality and demonstrate community benefit enhancing the lives of everyone living and visiting the local area.
The Grants Review Committee uses the following criteria when evaluating grant requests:
- Financial Need: Are grant funds truly needed, or can this program support itself?
- Artistic Merit: Does this program enhance the cultural activities of the area?
- Financial feasibility of the project: Is the organization financially viable and the project realistically projected in the budget?
- Service to the community.
GrantWatch ID#: 179263
Grants may be made for projects occurring during the 6-month periods of July through December (deadline to submit: April 15th) and January through June (deadline to submit: October 16th).
Proposed projects must be sponsored or presented by a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization incorporated in Maryland, or a government related organization, such as a school or parks and recreation department, located in Worcester County.
Out of county sponsors will be considered if the project occurs in Worcester County.
Projects already completed will not be considered.
Project must be open to the general public, beyond the organization, without discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or age.
Site of project must be accessible to persons with disabilities.
Restrictions for Grants:
1) Grants may not be used for such things as capital improvements, construction, renovations, general operating expenses, social functions, parties, receptions, travel, hotel, and uniforms.
2) Grants may not be used to fund a project whose sole purpose is to raise funds for the sponsoring organization beyond the cost of the event. All grant money must be used for the artistic component of the event.
3) Grants may not be used to promote any political or religious outlook, or which proselytize any political, religious belief or action.
Grants must be matched one-for-one by your organization funds. Earned income from the project and other grant money may be used.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Worcester County Arts Council
6 Jefferson Street
Berlin, Maryland 21811
USA: Maryland: Worcester County