Foundation / Corporation
Oregon Community Foundation (OCF) - Nike Community Impact Fund
12/01/17 11:59 PM
Grants to Oregon and Washington nonprofits, tribes, schools, and public entities for athletic and community benefit programs in the Metropolitan Portland region and in Clark County, Washington. Priority funding is intended for inclusive programs that serve underrepresented populations. Grant applications are accepted from nonprofits and schools in the Portland metro area, specifically Multnomah, Clackamas, Washington, Yamhill, Columbia and Clark Counties.
Nike works to get kids active early and for life, because active kids are happier, healthier and more successful. Together with its employees, partners, consumers and athletes, Nike supports important causes that strengthen communities everywhere.
- 80 percent of grant awards support projects that promote sport or physical activity in the community (about 40 grants per year).
- 20 percent of grant awards support organizations and projects that address community challenges through innovative or proven community-based solutions (about 10 grants per year).
Grants are awarded for operating support, but applicants must demonstrate a compelling need for support and detail how funds will be raised the next year.
Competitive grant proposals demonstrate the following:
- Emphasis is placed on inclusive programs that serve underrepresented populations
- Employs a creative approach to, or a proven method for, addressing local needs
- Reflects careful planning, clear goals, and a plan for sustainability
- Project budget is reasonable
- Need is clear, well established
- Resources have come from a variety of sources and may include dollars, in-kind donations or partnerships
- Amount requested in proportionate to the likely impact on the community
GrantWatch ID#: 179264
50 (About 40 sport or physical activity grants and about 10 community benefit grants)
Applications are accepted from organizations that are a 501(c)(3) public charity; an IRC 7871 Federally-Recognized Indian Tribe; or a government entity (such as a school).
Applicants must be located in:
- Oregon: the Portland metro area, specifically Multnomah, Clackamas, Washington, Yamhill, and Columbia Counties
- Washington: Clark County
Not Eligible for Funding:
- Organizations (including discriminate on the basis of age, ethnicity/race, political affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or other disability, or national origin.
- Individuals (including scholarships, stipends, fellowships, and personal assistance).
- Group or individual travel.
- Research or project planning activities.
- Support for elite or private sports camps, programs, or teams.
- Publications or audio-visual projects.
- Endowments, memorials, budget deficits, or fundraising activities.
- Religious organizations whose programs do not have a secular and community focus.
- Lobbying, political, or fraternal activities.
- Capital projects unless Nike’s award would be the final funding needed.
- Projects and events that occur prior to a Nike grant award.
- One-day events, unless the focus of project is on program(s) leading up to a culminating event.
Through this fund, Nike employees work with OCF to award at least $550,000 per year.
- Cycle 1
April 15: Application Opens
June 1: Application Closes at 11:59 PM
September 30: Grant Decision and Payment
- Cycle 2
October 15: Application Opens
December 1: Application Closes at 11:59 PM
March 30: Grant Decision and Payment
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online portal: https://www.gdg.do/prod1/portal/portal.jsp?c=29033316&p=29174773&g=29174824&o=portal%2Fportal.jsp%3Fc%3D29033316%26p%3D29174773%26g%3D29174775%26id%3D36903330%26d%3D29174775#/applicant/signin/welcome?id=&obj
Email questions to Susheela Jayapal at OCF-NikeFund@oregoncf.org.
If you have any questions about the online grant platform, please contact Good Done Great Customer Service: firstname.lastname@example.org
USA: Oregon: Multnomah, Clackamas, Washington, Yamhill, and Columbia Counties; Washington: Clark County