Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley (CFMV) - Western Reserve Health Foundation (WRHF)
03/30/18 4:00 PM
Grants to Mahoning County, Ohio nonprofits, schools, churches, and agencies for healthcare programs. The requested amount must receive prior approval by program staff. Funding is intended for projects that meet the Foundation's two program areas: programs or projects that address the needs of cancer patients and/or their families, and programs/projects that improve the quality of children's health, with a focus on underserved populations.
In addition, the Western Reserve Health Foundation gives priority to projects that:
- Address underlying social and economic challenges contributing to poor health outcomes in the communities served, such as poverty, lack of access to healthy foods, and absence of parks or recreational centers
- Extend past individual behavior or program related services by modifying policies, systems, and environments to help make healthy options practical and readily available
- Demonstrate collaboration among sectors, including public health, government, education, healthcare, etc.
- Prioritize engagement of residents from the communities served
- Adhere to existing evidence-based best practices or promoting pracitices
- Leverage additional funding as well as comunity assets
- Provide an established plan for evaluation including measurable outcomes
GrantWatch ID#: 179321
Eligible applicants must be tax-exempt organizations under Internal Revenue Service 501(c)(3) or operate under the fiscal sponsorship of a tax-exempt nonprofit, including schools, churches, and public organizations. Eligible organizations must provide services which contribute to the health and wellness of the residents of Mahoning County.
Request amount must receive prior approval by the Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley. Please contact Casey Krell before submitting an application for the Issue Specific Grants Program.
Interested applicants must submit an application with supporting documentation on or before March 30, 2018 at 4:00 PM.
No letter of inquiry is required for the Issue Specific grant program. Final grant decisions will be announced in early June 2018.
Request should not exceed 50% of the budget of the requested program or project.
Issue Specific Funds Description:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications may be emailed or mailed to:
Casey Krell, Director of Supporting Organizations and Donor Services
Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley
201 E Commerce St., Suite 150
Youngstown, OH 44503
USA: Ohio: Mahoning County