Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley (CFMV) - Western Reserve Health Foundation (WRHF)
04/27/18 4:00 PM
Grants to Ohio nonprofits, schools, churches, and agencies for programs that support the health and well-being of Mahoning County residents. LOIs are due February 16, 2018. Program priorities include healthy eating, reducing infant mortality, decreasing chronic disease, addressing health inequities, and preventing substance abuse disorders.
More details on the Mahoning County Community Health Improvement Plan priorities are as follows:
1. Healthy Eating and Active Living - Initiatives that increase the number of Mahoning County adults and children regularly engaged in healthy eating and active living
2. Infant Mortality and Birth Outcome Inequity - Initiatives that reduce infant mortality in Mahoning County and the disparity between black and white birth outcomes
3. Chronic Disease - Initiatives that reduce the number of Mahoning County residents diagnosed with diabetes and reduce morbidity for those with diabetes
4. Substance Use Disorders - Initiatives that decrease deaths from substance use disorders
5. Health Inequities - Initiatives that eliminate racial and ethnic health outcome disparities
In addition, the Western Reserve Health Foundation gives priority to projects that:
- Address underlying social and economic challenges contributing to poor health outcomes in the communities served, such as poverty, lack of access to healthy foods and absence of parks/recreational centers
- Extend past individual behavior or program related services by modifying policies, systems and environments to help make healthy options practical and readily available
- Demonstrate collaboration among sectors, including public health, government, education, healthcare, etc.
- Prioritize engagement of residents from the communities served
- Adhere to existing evidence-based best practices or promising practices
- Leverage additional funding as well as community assets
- Provide an established plan for evaluation including measurable outcomes.
GrantWatch ID#: 179322
Eligible applicants must be tax-exempt organizations under Internal Revenue Service 501(c)(3) or operate under the fiscal sponsorship of a tax-exempt non-profit, including schools, churches, and public organizations. Eligible organizations must provide services which contribute to the health and wellness of the residents of Mahoning County.
Request should not exceed 50% of the budget of the requested program/project.
Interested applicants must review the Request for Proposal (RFP) and submit a letter of inquiry (LOI) that is e-mailed or postmarked no later than February 16, 2018, at 4:00 PM.
Please do not submit a full proposal unless invited to do so. If the LOI is accepted, an application form will be made available. Those invited to submit a full proposal will be notified in late March 2018. Completed applications with supporting documents must be submitted to the Western Reserve Health Foundation on or before April 27, 2018, at 4:00 pm.
Final grant decisions will be announced in June 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mailed to:
Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley
c/o 201 E. Commerce St. #150
Youngstown, OH 44503
Casey Krell, Director of Supporting Organizations and Donor Services
USA: Ohio: Mahoning County