Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley (CFMV) - Western Reserve Health Foundation (WRHF)
10/25/19 4:00 PM
Grants to Ohio nonprofits, schools, churches, and agencies for innovative projects that support the health and well-being of Mahoning County residents. A letter of inquiry is required prior to submission of a full application. Funding is intended to address current priorities and goals identified by the Mahoning County Health Department Community Health Improvement Plan.
Mahoning County Community Health Improvement Plan priorities:
- Healthy Eating and Active Living: Initiatives that increase the number of Mahoning County adults and children regularly engaged in healthy eating and active living.
- Infant Mortality and Birth Outcome Inequity: Initiatives that reduce infant mortality in Mahoning County and the disparity between black and white birth outcomes.
- Chronic Disease: Initiatives that reduce the number of Mahoning County residents diagnosed with diabetes and reduce morbidity for those with diabetes.
- Substance Use Disorders: Initiatives that decrease deaths from substance use disorders.
- Health Inequities: Initiatives that eliminate racial and ethnic health outcome disparities.
In addition, the Western Reserve Health Foundation gives priority to projects that:
- Address underlying social and economic challenges contributing to poor health outcomes in the communities served, such as poverty, lack of access to healthy foods and the absence of parks and recreational centers
- Extend past individual behavior or program related services by modifying policies, systems and environments to help make healthy options practical and readily available
- Demonstrate collaboration among sectors, including public health, government, education, healthcare, etc.
- Prioritize engagement of residents from the communities served
- Adhere to existing evidence-based best practices or promising practices
- Leverage additional funding as well as community assets
- Provide an established plan for evaluation including measurable outcomes.
GrantWatch ID#: 179322
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submissions must be emailed to email@example.com
Or mailed to:
Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley
c/o 201 E. Commerce St. #150
Youngstown, OH 44503
Casey Krell, Director of Supporting Organizations and Donor Services
USA: Ohio: Mahoning County