Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley (CFMV) - Trumbull Memorial Health Foundation (TMHF)
10/25/19 4:00 PM Emailed or Postmarked
Grants to Trumbull County, Ohio nonprofits, schools, churches, and agencies for programs that support the health and well-being of local residents. A letter of inquiry is required prior to submission of a full application. Funding is intended to address current priorities identified by the Trumbull County Combined Health District Community Health Assessment.
Trumbull County Combined Health District Community Health Assessment priorities:
- Reduce prevalence of chronic disease: initiatives that increase physical activity, improve healthy eating, and reduce tobacco use
- Limit injury and violence: Initiatives that reduce drug abuse and improve maternal and child safety
- Reduce infant mortality: Initiatives that reduce prematurity and low birth weight and reduce sleep-related deaths
- Integrate physical and behavioral health: Initiatives that improve the integration of physical, mental, and behavioral health
In addition, the Trumbull Memorial Health Foundation gives priority to projects that:
- Address underlying social and economic challenges contributing to poor health outcomes in the communities served, such as poverty, lack of access to healthy foods and the absence of parks and recreational centers
- Extend past individual behavior or program related services by modifying policies, systems, and environments to help make healthy options practical and readily available
- Demonstrate collaboration among sectors, including public health, government, education, healthcare, etc.
- Prioritize engagement of residents from the communities served
- Adhere to existing evidence-based best practices or promising practices
- Leverage additional funding as well as community assets
- Provide an established plan for evaluation including measurable outcomes
For projects and programs focused on increasing physical activity and improving healthy eating, priority will be given to those that are connected to the Healthy Community Partnership and aligned with the Partnership's shared vision and goals.
GrantWatch ID#: 179325
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
LOIs may be emailed or mailed to:
Trumbull Memorial Health Foundation
c/o 201 E. Commerce St. #150
Youngstown, OH 444503
USA: Ohio: Trumbull County