Foundation / Corporation
Grants to Arizona nonprofit organizations and higher education institutions for STEM education programs in the Phoenix metropolitan area and the funding source's service area statewide. Funding is specifically intended to support programs that help educators increase their knowledge about STEM subjects and learn effective teaching methods to present STEM material to their students.
The APS Foundation aims to help Arizona students prepare to compete in the global economy, and seeks to create a workforce proficient in STEM skills. Particular interest is in supporting Arizona’s youth and educational leaders through K-12 and college/university partnerships.
GrantWatch ID#: 179344
The Foundation considers requests from registered 501(c)(3) public charities in good financial and public standing.
Organizations, including colleges and universities with various departments and outreach programs, are eligible for APS Foundation funding once each calendar year.
The Foundation's service territory covers much of the metro Phoenix area, as well as many cities and towns across all of Arizona. Click here for more information about the service areas, or see the links in the Supporting Documents section below for maps: https://www.aps.com/en/globalservices/serviceareamaps/Pages/home.aspx
Applicants are eligible to receive a grant once per calendar year.
The APS Foundation does not fund:
- Individual K-12 schools
- Religious organizations, churches, and programs that are purely denominational in purpose
- Political, labor or fraternal organizations, associations or civic service clubs (i.e. - Junior League, Lions, Rotary, Kiwanis)
- Legislative or lobbying efforts or organizations
- Private or family foundations
- Animal shelters or agencies
- Foundations or organizations which are grant making entities or that distribute funds to other nonprofit organizations (pass through)
- Start-up organizations defined as nonprofits whose ruling year has been granted by the IRS for less than three years
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by law
- Health organizations whose primary focus is funding programs or services for a specific disease or illness
- Sports teams or sporting programs
- Scouting troops
- Advocacy organizations
Exceptions to the above may be granted but only with the approval of the Chair of the APS Foundation Board/CEO of APS.
The 2017 Fall Cycle will open July 14, 2017 and close September 1, 2017.
Organizations must use APS Foundation budget templates.
- Application deadline: March 1, 2017
- APS Foundation Board of Directors Meeting: May 2017
- Recipient notification: June 2017
- Grand distribution: August 2017
- Application deadline: September 1, 2017
- APS Foundation Board of Directors: November 2017
- Recipient notification: December 2017
- Grant distribution: January 2018
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_2265?SA=SNA&FID=35018