Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley (CFMV) - Trumbull Memorial Health (TMH) Foundation
03/29/19 4:00 PM
Grants to Trumbull County, Ohio nonprofits, schools, churches, and public organizations for innovative projects in the areas of hospice care and education, the needs of cancer patients and their families, diabetes treatment and prevention, orthopedic care and support, and programs designed to improve the quality of women’s and children’s health.
The Trumbull Memorial Health Foundation requests proposals for innovative projects within the following issue-specific areas, each aligning with a restricted fund of the Foundation.
Supports programs or projects that address needs of cancer patients and/or their families.
Supports programs or projects that promote hospice services, care, or education.
Rose Hughes Diabetes Fund:
Supports programs or projects that promote diabetes care, including prevention programs and education.
Supports programs or projects that provide education, care and/or support for patients receiving orthopedic care.
Wean Foundation Fund for Women’s and Children’s Health:
- Supports activities designed to improve the quality of women’s and children’s health in Trumbull County, Ohio, with a focus on underserved populations, particularly in the city of Warren. The intent is not to support organizations which have as their mission combating specific diseases or conditions, but rather to address broader health issues such as, for example, infant mortality, low birth weight, access to women’s health care, healthy food, or other priorities identified by Trumbull County in their periodic community health assessments. Acknowledging that the County’s priorities are often aimed at larger societal issues which impact health, the TMHF is permitted to consider grants to address these barriers to health as well, to the extent that they affect women and children.
- The fund encourages strategies which engage residents to be active participants in and advocates for their healthy lives. Therefore, grants to support advocacy at the local and state level around policy issues bearing on the target population (such as access to health insurance, etc.) may be considered.
- While Trumbull County is the intended service area for distributions from this fund, we encourage openness to collaborative efforts which cross county lines, efforts which can lead to greater efficiencies and impact.
GrantWatch ID#: 179354
- Oncology Fund: Generally, grant size is not above $10,000
- Hospice Fund: Generally, grant size is not above $10,000
- Rose Hughes Diabetes Fund: Generally, grant size is not above $2,000
- Orthopedics Fund: Generally, grant size is not above $3,000
- Wean Foundation Fund for Women’s and Children’s Health: Generally, grant size is not above $40,000
Eligible applicants must be tax-exempt organizations under Internal Revenue Service 501(c)(3) or operate under the fiscal sponsorship of a tax-exempt nonprofit, including schools, churches, and public organizations. Eligible organizations must provide services which contribute to the health and wellness of the residents of Trumbull County.
Interested applicants must submit an application with supporting documentation on or before Friday, March 29, 2019 at 4:00 p.m
Final grant decisions will be announced in June 2019.
Issue Specific Funds Description:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submission of a full proposal must be sent to:
Director of Supporting Organizations and Donor Services
Trumbull Memorial Health Foundation
c/o 201 E. Commerce St. #150
Youngstown, OH 44503
Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley
USA: Ohio: Trumbull County