Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley (CFMV)
06/01/18 Until end of day
Grants to Ohio nonprofits and agencies in Mahoning and Trumbull Counties for programs that encourage interest in and an understanding of foreign-born people. Funding is intended to support investments in programs that enhance the quality of life of all members of the community.
GrantWatch ID#: 179378
Organizations eligible to receive grants from the Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley are those determined by the IRS to be public charities. This encompasses most charitable, scientific, social service, educational and religious organizations described in §501(c)(3) of the tax code, as well as government entities.
Organizations that are not public charities may apply through a fiscal sponsor. The activities contemplated by the requesting organization must directly benefit residents of Mahoning or Trumbull Counties (or the surrounding area).
The competitive grant program does not support:
- Requests from individuals
- Activities intended to influence specific legislation or election campaigns
The competitive grant program does not usually support requests for:
- Academic or medical research
- Multi-year funding
- Private education and religious organizations except for non-sectarian programs that serve broad community needs
- Retroactive funding for projects that have been completed or will be completed prior to the grant award date
- Fundraising events, the purchase of tickets for benefits, courtesy advertising, etc.
- Short-term programs without evidence of lasting impact
- Replacement of governmental or other public funding requests for multi-year funding
- Sponsoring or attending conferences when that is the central purpose of the request.
- Unnecessary duplication of existing services.
- Annual appeals or membership drives.
- Endowment building or debt reduction.
- Travel for individuals or groups when it is the primary focus of the proposal.
- Capital requests or capital campaigns.*
*Capital projects must help meet a compelling community need, advance Foundation priorities, and offer broad social benefits. Given the finite resources of the Community Foundation, when it does participate in a capital project, support is contingent on funding from other sources. Payment will not be authorized until the organization has raised a significant percentage of its total dollar goal.
The 2018 grant deadline is June 1.
Applications are accepted until end of day on designated deadline dates. Applications received after the deadline will be held until the following grant deadline. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed or considered.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_1646?SA=SNA&FID=35006
Casey Krell, Director of Supporting Organizations and Donor Services
201 East Commerce Street, Suite 150
Youngstown, OH 44503 USA
USA: Ohio: Mahoning and Trumbull Counties