Foundation / Corporation
Guthrie County Community Foundation (GCCF)
03/04/19 5:00 PM
Grants to Guthrie County, Iowa nonprofit organizations, including tax-exempt schools, libraries, and city governments for programs and projects that improve the quality of life for local residents. Funding is intended to support projects and activities related to job creation and retention, family and children, recreation, religion, and the environment.
The project to be funded must be located within Guthrie County, and all applicants are expected, if possible, to use Guthrie County, Iowa vendors for purchases of services or products that will be used in the project being funded.
GrantWatch ID#: 179383
All contracts have a funding expiration date of 12 months from the award date. The award may be automatically terminated at that time. The GCCF will consider written requests for an extension.
The Grant Award Program is open to organizations holding a proper IRS Section 501(c) or equivalent tax-exempt status and a Certificate of Existence with the Iowa Secretary of State. It can include tax-exempt schools, libraries, and city governments, as long as the project has a uniquely identifiable budget.
For those applicants awaiting IRS application of their 501 (c) status, the use of fiscal sponsors is allowed, though no administration fees can be paid via the Guthrie County Foundation Assets.
Notes to the Applicant:
- IRS 501(c) tax-exempt status is not to be confused with the applicant's Federal ID Number or state sales tax exemption number.
- Individual schools and churches may not have a separate tax-exempt certificate. They are either exempt by law or fall under a blanket exemption because of their ties to a municipality.
- Only one application per 501(c) or equivalent tax-exempt status will be accepted, unless applicant falls under the exemption of a municipality or taxing entity, and carries a separate identifiable budget.
The Guthrie County Community Foundation will not fund the following:
- Travel or seminars.
- Request for ticket/table purchases or advertising for benefits.
- Recurring or on-going expenses, except “start-up costs.”
- Use for the personal benefit of an organization’s members.
- Political causes, candidates, and lobbying efforts.
- To replace an organization’s long-term existing source of funding.
- Individuals, including scholarships and personal benefits.
- Funding for general operations, regular salaries, routine maintenance costs, alleviation of deficit budgets or to satisfy debt-financing costs.
- Support discriminatory activities.
- Being the primary source of operating budget support.
- Support private, for-profit businesses OR non-operating foundations.
- Proposals to salvage programs.
- Debt incurred or purchases made prior to grant award notification.
- Maintenance of existing, occupied, governmental buildings.
The application must be received at the Guthrie County Community Foundation email address by 5 PM on Monday, March 4th, 2019. Applicants will be notified of their funding status within 90 days of the application deadline.
Applications must be emailed, they cannot be faxed. The application must be submitted as one (1) pdf file.
Applications submitted must have a dollar-for-dollar cash match minimum. Of the required match amount, no less than 25% of that amount shall be in the form of cash on hand. Be sure to indicate who owns the cash and what type of cash (e.g. checking, savings, CDs, donations, etc…). The remaining 25% of the required match may be “IN-KIND.”
Each organization, once determined to be eligible, should be prepared to make a brief presentation and answer questions from the Board. This Q&A will serve only to clarify the application.
Funding for a project is a one-time opportunity. Additional funding requests for the same project will not be considered.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Iowa: Guthrie County