Foundation / Corporation
Brookings Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB)
Grants to Brookings, South Dakota nonprofits, organizations, and businesses for tourism-related facility improvements or creation, as well as to enhance the quality of life for area citizens. Funding may be used for capital projects such as new construction, infrastructure, beautification, repairs, and renovations. Funding is intended to provide an increasing number of events and visitors which contribute to the economic and cultural growth of Brookings.
Funding decisions are based on the following criteria:
- Support Brookings tourism-related infrastructure development and improvement
- Encourage visitors to stay in Brookings longer
- Enhance the visitor experience
- Improve the quality of life for Brookings residents
- Demonstrate a need for funding
- Address a community need that supports the CVB mission
GrantWatch ID#: 179392
The Community Betterment Grant exists to award funding to tourism-related businesses and organizations that meet and exceed the Grant Funding Criteria (see Supporting Documents).
All projects must take place within Brookings city limits.
The following projects do not meet the CVB grant program criteria and thus not eligible for funding:
- Projects that apply for funds after the project has been completed
- Applications that seek funding to host events. These requests will be handled through the CVB Grant Application.
- Projects that seek funding for the organization’s ongoing operating expenses.
- Organizations that discriminate because of race, color, creed, gender or national origin
- Fraternal organizations, churches or church-related groups whose purpose is to promote religion or an individual doctrine.
Applications are accepted on a quarterly basis. Applications may be submitted on or before the deadline for each of the following quarterly review periods: January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1.
The full amount of the funding will be dispersed following the completion of the project.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply, fill out your contact information in the form on the foundation's website (URL) below, and download and complete the grant application (found in Supporting Documents).
Completed applications should be submitted to:
Brookings Area Chamber of Commerce & Convention Bureau
Attn: CVB Grant Committee
414 Main Avenue ∙ Brookings SD 57006
USA: South Dakota: Brookings