Foundation / Corporation
Mid-Nebraska Community Foundation - John Russell Applegate Fund for Teachers
Grants ranging from $250 to $5,000 to West Central Nebraska public schools, nonprofits, and educational organizations for K-12 teacher trainings and classroom materials. Preference will be given to projects that will make a big impact and a needed change or will contribute to the solution of an important educational problem or challenge.
For the purposes of these grants, West Central Nebraska includes the following Counties: Custer, Dawson, Frontier, Hayes, Keith, Lincoln, Logan, McPherson, and Perkins.
Training or instructional coaching grants should be focused on one or more of the following areas:
- Training benefiting several teachers in research-based or proven practices to teach language arts, mathematics and/or science
- Training benefiting several teachers in classroom behavioral management strategies
- Training benefiting several teachers in learning styles and differentiated instructional strategies
Support grants are intended to help cover costs of acquiring resources wanted by K-12 teachers at elementary and secondary schools in order to provide innovative and effective learning experiences for students.
GrantWatch ID#: 179457
$250 - $5,000
Grants typically are made only to public schools, to other public educational organizations as well as to non-profit, federally tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organizations.
Grant applications will be considered which provide training or support for K-12 teachers.
- Grants are not made directly to individuals.
- Grants are not made to support current operating budgets of organizations except for limited experimental or demonstration periods in the form of “seed” money.
- Grants are made without regard to race, religion, creed or color.
- Grants for general purpose computers will not be awarded.
- Grants for only a limited number of “Smart Boards” or other specific types of electronic devices in any school building will be awarded.
Click on the link in the Supporting Documents section below to download the application and guidelines.
While grant applications are accepted year round, Mid-Nebraska Community Foundation will award grants from the John Russell Applegate Fund for Teachers three times per year. Application deadline dates are: October 15, January 15 and April 15. Applicants will be notified by mail about six weeks after application deadline.
Grantee organizations typically may request 75% of the granted funds with a written request anytime after 45 days prior to the Beginning Date of the project or they may wait to receive full payment after submitting an approved Final Report and Request for Final Payment form.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please send signed original of complete application to:
Mid-Nebraska Community Foundation
121 N Dewey, Suite 112
PO Box 1321
North Platte NE 69103
For more information, contact:
USA: Nebraska: West Central Nebraska counties of Custer, Dawson, Frontier, Hayes, Keith, Lincoln, Logan, McPherson, and Perkins