Foundation / Corporation
Pedernales Electric Cooperative (PEC)
10/01/18 5:00 PM Receipt
Grants of up to $5,000 to Texas nonprofits for programs that benefit residents of the Hill Country region. Funding must be used for technology, equipment to increase the organization's energy efficiency, and capital improvements. Priority is given to projects related to conservation and energy efficiency.
Applications will be evaluated based on the following:
- Project Value – Emphasis will be placed on projects related to energy efficiency and conservation.
- Project Impact – Project will directly benefit a large number of members of the community as opposed to a project that impacts a smaller group.
- Partnership and Community Involvement – Is the project receiving in‐kind support or services?
- Matching Funds – Preference will be given to projects that have at least 20% matching funds.
- Community Grant history – Preference will be given to organizations that have not previously received a community grant.
- Project Budget – Is the project budget clear and concise? Has the organization clearly shown the ability to complete financing for the project if the grant request doesn’t cover the cost of the entire project? Does the application include bid proposals or estimates?
GrantWatch ID#: 179497
PEC’s Community Grants program awards grants of up to $5,000.
Project must be completed within 12 months of the date the grant money is awarded.
- Must be a non‐profit organization organized under the laws of the state of Texas, currently in good standing with the Texas Secretary of State and Texas Comptroller’s office
- Must provide current IRS documentation confirming tax‐exempt status
- Must not receive a majority of funding (51% or greater) from entities with taxing authority
- Nonprofit organization must be located within the PEC service area or in a community surrounded by the PEC service area
- Must not have received Community Grant funding the previous application cycle; funded organizations must sit out one application cycle before submitting an application for a new project.
PEC Community Grants cannot be used to/for:
- Completed projects, debt reduction campaigns, building an endowment, land acquisition projects, scholarship programs, religious or church‐sponsored facilities limited to church membership or projects that exclusively serve religious purposes, general operating costs, fundraisers, raffles or ongoing projects, programs or activities.
- Ineligible organizations include for‐profit entities, individuals, and professional associations.
More on eligibility: https://www.pec.coop/our-community/pec-giving/community-grants/eligibility/
There will be two funding cycles per calendar year: April 1 and October 1.
Applications must be received by 5 p.m. on the day of the deadline. Because the deadline falls on a weekend, the deadline is extended to the next regular business day, Monday, April 2, 2018. All application requirements, including IRS determination letter, must be received by 5 p.m. on the deadline date in order to be eligible.
Preference will be given to projects that have at least 20% matching funds.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications may be submitted by
Mail: Pedernales Electric Cooperative
Attn: Director, Connections & Community Engagement
P.O. Box 1
Johnson City, TX 78636
Trista Fugate, Community Engagement Director
USA: Texas: Hill Country region