Foundation / Corporation
Grants to California nonprofit organizations and public agencies to promote the health and wellness of residents in Santa Clara County and Northern San Benito County. Applicants must submit a letter of intent prior to submitting a full application. Eligible programs will align with one of the following focus areas: Improving Health Through Food, Making Chronic Diseases More Preventable & Manageable, and Prioritizing Health In Housing.
For more information on the funding priorities within each focus area, see: https://healthtrust.org/funder/health-partnership-grants/
Priority will be given to projects that:
- Include a system, policy, or practice change that will have an impact beyond the grant period.
- Build health equity by aligning with one of the funding priorities within the Foundation's three focus areas.
- Include SMART objectives and outcomes that demonstrate the change as a result of project implementation.
- Include a sustainability plan that will ensure that the project will continue upon the completion of Health Trust funding.
- Demonstrate the agency’s ability to successfully execute the project.
GrantWatch ID#: 179526
There is no maximum grant request amount, however, the requested amount should be appropriate to the scope of the project.
Applicants may request multi-year funding, however, the project period should be appropriate to the scope of the project.
- Applicants must be nonprofit, tax-exempt organizations or public agencies.
- Projects must directly benefit residents of Santa Clara County and/or Northern San Benito County.
The Health Trust does not typically fund:
- Ongoing direct services
- Annual appeals or membership drives
- Capital campaigns or capital construction
- Equipment purchases unless part of an eligible project
- Debt retirement or deficit reduction
- Replacement of government funding
- Grants to individuals
Fiscal Year 2019 Health Partnership Full Proposal Due Dates:
Full Proposal Due Date: Monday, January 14, 2019
Funding Decision Date: Wednesday, March 25, 2019
Full Proposal Due Date: Monday, April 22, 2019
Funding Decision Date: Wednesday, June 26, 2019
Letters of Intent (LOI)
- After reviewing and determining alignment with The Health Trust’s funding priorities and criteria, applicants must first submit a Letter of Intent through the online system.
- Letters of Intent are accepted and reviewed on an ongoing basis. There are no submission deadlines for the LOI.
- Applicants will be notified within 45 days after the receipt of a LOI if their request has been declined or is under further consideration.
Full Proposal – Invitation Only
- When The Health Trust is interested in further considering a Letter of Intent, applicants will be invited to submit a full proposal. Invitation to submit a full proposal does not indicate a commitment of funding.
- Funding decisions are made four times a year.
- Applicants can expect the application process to take approximately three to five months.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and submit an LOI online: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_2184?SA=AM
For any questions, contact email@example.com.
The Health Trust
3180 Newberry Dr., Suite 200
San Jose, CA 95118
USA: California: Santa Clara County and Northern San Benito County