Foundation / Corporation
Town Creek Foundation
Grants to Maryland nonprofits for programs that will improve the local environment. Preference will be given to programs that address climate change, sustainability, and restoring the Chesapeake Bay. Funding is intended to provide organizations with resources to catalyze, support, and accelerate progressive changes in environmental policy and practice within the state.
1) Chesapeake Bay
The Foundation is committed to helping Maryland exceed its Bay pollution reduction goals. In support of this commitment they are making grants to help ensure that state and local leaders – government officials, politicians, business and agricultural interests, environmental advocates and ordinary citizens – have the technical capacity, political will and public support necessary for developing, implementing, and sustaining robust pollution reduction strategies.
2) Climate Change
The Foundation is committed to helping Maryland exceed its greenhouse gas reduction goals. In support of this commitment they are making grants to help identify and pursue necessary new laws, policies and regulations, and to promote strong leadership and bold strategies from office holders, advocates and citizens.
The Foundation is committed to helping promote progress towards true sustainability and resilience for Maryland. In support of this commitment we are making grants to help promote public dialogue about the systemic challenges that the State faces, and to help leaders and emerging leaders better understand and pursue the transformational opportunities facing Maryland in the 21st Century.
GrantWatch ID#: 179541
The Foundation does not make multi-year grants often.
The Foundation makes grants only to public charities classified as tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
The Foundation does not provide grants for:
- Programs or organizations outside of the United States
- Primary and secondary schools
- Colleges or universities, except when some aspect of their work is an integral part of a program supported by the Foundation
- Hospitals or health care institutions
- Ministry or religious programs
- Endowment, capital or building fund campaigns, or for the purchase of land and/or buildings
- Research or scholarship programs
- Conferences that are not part of a program supported by the Foundation
- Publication of books and periodicals
- Visual or performing arts projects
- Submit a Letter of Inquiry by December 1, 2017 for the Spring cycle and by April 2, 2018 for the Summer cycle.
- Applicants with a good chance of being funding will be invited to submit a proposal.
- Upon notice of the Foundation's invitation to submit a proposal, they will schedule a meeting by phone or in person.
- Following the meeting, invited applicants will submit a proposal through their online application process.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=towncreek
Megan Milliken, Program Assistant
Phone: 410-763-8171 ext. 14
Town Creek Foundation
114 S. Washington Street, Suite 203
Easton, Maryland 21601