Foundation / Corporation
Golden Valley Electric Association (GVEA)
Grants of up to $15,000 to Alaska nonprofits in the Funding Source's service territory for programs in the areas of disaster relief, community services, economic development, education, leadership, and the environment.
Eligible areas include Fairbanks, Nenana, Delta Junction, Healy, and Cantwell. GVEA also serves interior residents out to 48-mile Steese Highway, 11-mile Elliot Highway (Haystack Subdivision) and 26-mile Chena Hot Springs Road.
Program Area Details:
- Funds to organizations for disaster relief, including programs that provide emergency food, clothing, shelter, medical care, clean up, and repair/reconstruction assistance.
- Community service funds that improve the quality of life by emphasizing public safety, health care, education, self-sufficiency, and basic human needs.
- Economic development activities that promote economic stability, cooperation among communities, and identify solutions to local economic and social problems.
- Educational and leadership programs, projects promoting civic responsibility, and programs designed to combat critical social problems affecting our children and youth.
- Programs and projects that promote community recycling, natural resource preservation, and community-based environmental and agricultural education and research programs.
General funding criteria for organizations:
- Special or emergency need
- Financial need
- Supplemental funding
- Potential benefit to Interior residents and communities
- Level of community support
- Fiscal and administrative capability of the organization
- Tangible results within a specified timeline.
GrantWatch ID#: 179605
Organizations can receive up to $15,000 within a 12-month period.
Awarded funds must be expended within one year.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Print, sign and mail, fax or deliver the attached application form to:
c/o Golden Valley Electric Foundation
PO Box 71249
Fairbanks, AK 99707
USA: Alaska: Fairbanks, Delta Junction, Nenana, Healy, and Cantwell. GVEA also serves interior residents out to 48-mile Steese Highway, 11-mile Elliot Highway (Haystack Subdivision) and 26-mile Chena Hot Springs Road.