Foundation / Corporation
Juneau Arts and Humanities Council (JAHC)
04/01/19 5:00 PM Receipt
Grants of up to $1,000 to Juneau, Alaska professional artists with outstanding talent to support career-advancing projects. Applications are invited from experienced artists with demonstrated talent to further their careers, to produce original works of art, and/or to add provide inspiration to the community at large.
This program is open to artists practicing in any discipline, including:
- Visual Artists: painters, sculptors, printmakers, filmmakers, craftspeople, photographers, and video artists;
- Creative Writers: writers of poetry and prose, playwrights, and screenwriters;
- Composers, choreographers, dancers, designers, musicians, actors, and other artists not falling within an artistic discipline listed above.
This program enables artists to set aside time to create or present works of art, conduct research, purchase materials, attend workshops or seminars, generally advance their artistic careers, or cover loss of artistic materials resulting from theft, fire, or other emergencies or disasters.
GrantWatch ID#: 179609
Award amount: Maximum $1,000
Award dates: July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020.
To qualify for an Individual Artists Grant, the applicant must:
- Submit original work samples that demonstrate exceptional talent and professional commitment;
- Have been a Juneau resident for the past year, currently residing in Juneau; and planning to reside in Juneau for the duration of the grant project;
- Not have received an Individual Artist Grant from JAHC in the previous grant cycle;
- Fulfilled all reporting requirements for any prior grant award.
Projects may not already be receiving funding from CBJ under another grant or budget program.
Applications must be received by April 1 at 5:00 PM.
Applicants will be scheduled for a 15-minute interview with grant adjudicators at a time to be announced.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online. Scroll down the URL for Full Text to access the application, and click on Submit.
Juneau Arts and Humanities Council
350 Whittier St
Juneau, AK 99801
(907) 586-ARTS (2787)