Foundation / Corporation
Children's Board of Hillsborough County (CBHC)
04/01/18 - Applications are considered on a first-come, first-serve basis through the final deadline.
Grants of up to $20,000 to Hillsborough County, Florida nonprofits, for-profits, and government agencies for programs benefitting young children and families in the local area. Funding is available to fund service coordination and case management for organizations and agencies that work to ensure the healthy development of children.
The Administrative Service Organization (ASO) is a project operated by the Children’s Board to manage flexible funds. The ASO supports a wraparound approach in which families identify their strengths, goals, needs, and service providers via a family support plan. As a last resort of payment, flexible funds managed by the ASO can be used to pay for supports and services with qualified community providers.
ASO Reserve Funds are available on a limited basis for programs that are currently providing service coordination or case management to children and families in Hillsborough County and do not have adequate flexible funding to support client needs.
The program may service a larger population but if awarded access to ASO funds, they can only be utilized for pregnant women, teen parents, or families with children birth through middle school. The program must also contribute to result areas that are consistent with the Children’s Board mission, vision, and strategic focus.
Children’s Board funding is focused on the early childhood system of care and addresses the following strategic focus areas:
-Children are Healthy and Safe: Early preventative health and education prepares a child and family to develop healthy habits and demands coordination with community partners including healthcare systems and pediatricians.
-Children are Developmentally on Track: Early Identification is essential to optimizing a child’s potential and serves as an opportunity for caregivers to learn more about their child’s current developmental functioning.
-Children are Ready to Learn and Succeed: School Readiness services should be designed in a way that will foster a nurturing and healthy environment for children that respects their cultural values.
-Children are Supported and have Supportive Families: Family Support starts early in a child’s life and plays an important role in brain development because a child’s early experiences are developed through relationships.
Requirements for Participation as an ASO Case Management Program:
1) The applicant must employ some form of coordination/case management as a service strategy, either as a primary strategy or in conjunction with other service strategies. ASO funds do not pay for case managers or case management services, so this service must already exist for the program that is applying.
2) Individualized Family Support Plans must be a component of the service strategy. Services and supports purchased with ASO funds must relate to a specific goal in the family’s plan.
3) Supervisors and case managers must have training in case management using a system of care approach, prior to access of ASO funds. This training can be accessed from Success 4 Kids and Families if needed, at the applicant’s expense. The training is a one day, 7-hour training, at the rate of $185 per participant.
4) Supervisors and case managers must attend ASO training (3-hour Overview and Web Application Training) which is provided by the Children’s Board at no cost to the participant.
5) Program supervisors are required to attend bi-monthly ASO Supervisors Meetings.
6) ASO funds requested from the Children’s Board must be used in accordance with established values, policies and procedures which are provided in ASO training and posted on the ASO web application.
7) The program must participate in annual monitoring by the Children’s Board, including records review of families who benefitted from ASO funding.
8) The program must demonstrate a process for collecting, maintaining and reporting outcome data for families who receive services and supports paid with ASO funds.
9) If ASO funds are awarded, the applicant must provide a certificate of liability insurance to the Children’s Board.
GrantWatch ID#: 179623
The maximum initial allocation per agency will be $20,000.
Allocated funds must be utilized for services by September 30, 2018.
The Children’s Board encourages the submission of applications by all potential agencies currently providing case management and capable of providing the requested services.
Applicants eligible for Children’s Board funding include corporations, not-for-profit corporations, and governmental organizations that are legally authorized to operate in the State of Florida.
CBHC funding or resources shall not be used to replace funding for activities for which other local, state, or federal governmental agencies are obligated by statute, administrative rule, or local ordinance to pay. ASO access is for residents of Hillsborough County, Florida.
The application process for ASO Funds will open October 2, 2017 and will remain open through April 1, 2018 or until the funds have been depleted, whichever occurs first.
The ASO Manager will bring the request to the Children’s Board Program Support Meeting, which meets bi-weekly. The Program Support Team will approve or deny the request, and recommend a beginning allocation of funds. The ASO Manager will communicate the decision to the requesting agency, along with the justification for the decision. If approved, the ASO team will work with the agency to implement access to the ASO.
Additional funds may be requested from the reserve, once the initial allocation has been utilized and the program has successfully completed the ASO monitoring process.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit electronic copy in Microsoft Word format via email AND mail or hand-deliver signed original to:
Rebecca Bacon, ASO Manager
Children’s Board of Hillsborough County
1002 E. Palm Avenue
Tampa, FL 33605
Please use Email subject line: Pro 2018-02 ASO Funds Application
Pro 2018 - 02
USA: Florida: Hillsborough County