Foundation / Corporation
Ethics and Excellence in Journalism Foundation (EEJF)
11/15/18 5:00 PM CST
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations, media institutions, and educational institutions for programs in the following areas: Investigative Reporting, Oklahoma Journalism, Professional Development, and Journalism Initiatives. Priority is given to programs focusing on ethics and new media.
More details on the program areas are as follows:
- Increase the quantity, quality and ethical standards of investigative reporting and watchdog journalism on state and local issues;
- Stimulate and nurture the development of organizations, infrastructures, services, collaborations and business models that can help secure a future for investigative reporting and watchdog journalism;
- Encourage the development of digital innovations that make data about state and local issues more available to the public.
The Foundation seeks to improve the quality of journalism and journalists produced in Oklahoma through its support of journalism programs at non-profits and educational institutions in the state.
- Improve the credibility and impact of journalism;
- Stimulate adherence to the highest ethical standards and practices by both traditional and new media;
- Sustain and encourage more journalism that produces civic results;
- Help journalists make use of new tools and new outlets for their work;
- Increase and renew the enthusiasm of journalists for their important work.
The Foundation considers applications for journalism initiatives with special promise or distinction, particularly collaborative efforts.
GrantWatch ID#: 179644
Nonprofit media institutions and journalism schools nationwide may apply.
In most cases, the foundation will NOT fund:
- Endowment funds
- Book publishing
- Literacy programs
- International organizations
- Personal research projects
- Equipment/youth education.
To be considered, submit a Letter of Inquiry to the online Grant Request System by 5:00 p.m. CST May 15 or November 15. Should the 15 fall on a weekend or national holiday, the request will be due the following business day. Letters will be accepted beginning two months before the deadline.
A link to the online application will be included in your invitation to apply. You will have two weeks to submit the online application.
Funding decisions will be made at the end of January and July.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit a letter of inquiry:
Return to a letter of inquiry in process:
Ethics & Excellence in Journalism Foundation
210 Park Avenue, Suite 3150
Oklahoma City, Ok 73102
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming