New York State Association for Reduction, Reuse and Recycling (NYSAR3)
Grants of up $500 to New York K-12 schools for waste reduction and recycling programs. Funding is intended for the development of new programs or the expansion of existing programs that focus on reducing, reusing, and recycling. Grants are competitive, so imagination, ingenuity and initiative are valued.
GrantWatch ID#: 179645
The goal of this grant program is to provide up to $500 per school.
All public and private K -12 schools in New York State are eligible to apply for funding. Previous winners of this grant are eligible to apply again, provided that they are applying for support of a new program, or a new expansion of the existing program. Applicants and programs must:
- Be a public or private school Grades K-12 located in New York State.
- Agree to share their program information and data with NYSAR3and others.
- Submit a completed application with supporting documents by indicated deadline.
This round of 2019 applications must be received by Wednesday, April 3, 2019.
Electronic submittals are preferred and fully acceptable.
Awards will be made semi-annually on a competitive basis. Winners will be notified and an announcement made on or about:
- New York/America Recycles Day (November 15); and
- Earth Day (April 22).
The Board strongly encourages all applicants to reach out to their Town/County/Authority Recycling Coordinator for help in developing programs and developing strategic partnerships with local businesses, parent organizations, other institutions, etc. to help maintain waste reduction, reuse and recycling programs at schools. For a list of coordinators, visit NYS Association for Reduction, Reuse & Recycling: https://www.nysar3.org/
The Board strongly recommends that prospective applicants first visit the following sites which will provide viable, sustainable ideas for successful programs:
- Go Green Initiative: https://www.gogreeninitiative.org
- US Green Building Council, NY Chapter: https://www.usgbc.org/chapters/usgbc-new-york-upstate-0
- Green Schools, Recycling and More via NYS DEC: https://www.dec.ny.gov/chemical/8803.html
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please mail completed applications to:
1971 Western Ave. #1180
Albany, NY 12203
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions should be directed to Theresa Evans at the email above or by calling 315-453-2866 x 1210.
USA: New York City; New York