Foundation / Corporation
Jared Polis Foundation and Community Computer Connection
11/09/18 5:00 PM (MST)
Grants of up to $1,500 to Colorado PreK-12 public school teachers for refurbished computers and other technology equipment for the classroom. Funding is intended to expand and improve technology learning opportunities for students statewide. Grants may be requested for hardware, such as digital or video cameras, interactive whiteboards, and interactive response systems, tablets, e-readers, and Chromebooks; or to purchase software, develop technology curriculum, or pay technology conference registration fees.
GrantWatch ID#: 179649
A maximum award of up to $1,500 is available. Most of the grants fall below the $1,500 maximum.
- All Colorado Public School Teachers, grades PreK-12, are invited to apply.
- Funding will not be made to more than 2 teachers from the same school in the same grant cycle.
- Teacher applicants can request tablets and chromebooks, but they should not request wi-fi access or capital improvements to support technology. Because the Community Computer Connection provides computers, requests may not be made for laptop or desktop computers.
- Teachers can request technology for themselves only. Please do not apply on behalf of colleagues in the same school; they need to request technology directly so that the review committee can assess how they will utilize the technology as well as their experience using the technology. In other words, teacher applicants should not request technology for an entire department, all teachers in a given grade level, or for whole school use. Teachers may share the technology when they are not using it themselves. However, it is primarily for their use.
- The technology requested must be used by the teacher applying for it. Teachers, not technology specialists, coordinators or grant writers, should apply.
Fall Cycle - November 9, 2018
Please submit the application via email by 5:00 PM (MST). You will receive a confirmation that your application was received via email. If you do not receive an email confirmation within 36 hours then your electronic submission was not received.
You will hear from the review committee regarding a possible grant by mid December 2018.
* You will be notified of the review committee's decisions via e-mail. Please make sure to check your SPAM email around the date of notification. Often emails are directed to SPAM via strict school district spam filters.
The school owns the awarded technology and it should be used primarily by the teacher grant recipient. If the teacher recipient leaves the school, the technology stays with the school.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Application Form attached below in Supporting Documents.
Please return the completed application to: email@example.com
Gina Nocera may also be contacted for questions regarding the application process, through the email address above or by phone at: 303-865-3980.
Gina Nocera, Executive Director
Jared Polis Foundation
P.O. Box 4659
Boulder, CO 80306