Foundation / Corporation
In-kind design services to USA small and grassroots nonprofit organizations to develop a brand image, including logos, websites, marketing material, and a new visual identity. Nonprofits will receive comprehensive, pro bono rebranding services from the funding source and their sponsors.
About the Give a Brand! Program:
Give a Brand! is an exercise in "extreme branding”. All the work will be done in one day, all hands on deck. The design sprint day even includes a client presentation and is topped off with a cocktail party on Thinkso's terrace. Live web streams, team uniforms, and online voting elevate the excitement.
Leveraging Thinkso's annual promotional budget and sponsors' donations of things like printing, photography, t-shirt fabrication and time, Thinkso has been able to not only design a new logo, website, and marketing materials for the winning charity, but also make them a reality. Thinkso’s work empowers a nonprofit to raise awareness and new funding that they otherwise would not have been able to achieve.
GrantWatch ID#: 179677
Thinkso selects three charities/nonprofits to participate in this year’s project.
To qualify, the organization must:
- Be a registered 501(c)(3) “nonprofit” with the US Internal Revenue Service.
- Have been in operation for a minimum of two years.
- Demonstrate a commitment to their mission with the intention of longevity and impact.
- Be truly “in need,” as determined by Thinkso. This means the organization has no substantial funding or donor base and/or the vast majority of the organization's resources go to realizing the organization's mission or to the recipients of their services—not to cover administrative costs.
- Grant Thinkso complete design freedom over logo, website, and other collateral. (The organization will have the opportunity to voice its needs and ideas prior to the design sprint.)
- Commit to using and upholding the branding and materials the organization receives from Thinkso for a minimum of three years.
- Be present and participate in the design sprint as well as preparatory and follow-up meetings.
Submit an application by May 5 for a chance to become one of this year’s three finalists.
- Call for Entries: January 2 - May 5, 2019
After evaluating applications, Thinkso selects three worthy organizations as finalists.
- Competing Charities Announced: May 10, 2019
Thinkso announces the finalists.
- Online Voting: May 11 – June 21, 2019
Thinkso opens their online poll, and people—friends, colleagues, the public at large—vote for the organization that they think should win the day of free branding by Thinkso. Thinkso encourages the participating organizations to use their social networks to promote the competition and garner votes.
- Winner Announced: June 28, 2019
Thinkso announces the winning charity.
- The Design Sprint: August 9, 2019
On this day, the entire Thinkso team, and some of the sponsors, will devote a full day to developing new branding and marketing communications for the Give a Brand! winner. All activities are broadcast via a live web stream.
About the Program:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
320 West 37th Street
New York, NY 10018
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming