Foundation / Corporation
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 to Saskatchewan, Alberta, Manitoba, North Dakota, and Montana charities, nonprofits, ad hoc organizations, committees, and individuals to cover the costs of fundraising events for social causes in rural communities and agricultural regions.
Funding is intended to help eligible community groups and individuals have the confidence to dream bigger, be more innovative, and be entrepreneurial when producing a fundraising event. The ultimate goal is to help an applicant's social cause that they are raising money for have an enduring impact on the rural community they are serving.
These grants come with much more than the finances to help you pay for those necessary expenses. The Seed Foundation is mandated to provide qualified grant applicants with promotional assistance to ensure they have successful, well-attended events.
Grantees will therefore receive:
- Financial support
- Leverage to secure additional sponsorships
- Marketing and promotional assistance
- Press release hints
- Event planning guidance
- A social media campaign
- An email campaign to all SeedMaster clientele and dealerships in your area
- Announcements on the Seed Foundation and SeedMaster websites
Eligible Social Causes:
SeedMaster Seed Foundation is interested in a wide range of socially conscious and community-strengthening causes. A cause could be defined as, but is not limited to, the following:
- Capital campaigns for community buildings, hospitals, care homes, museums, galleries, parks, play parks, swimming pools, and/or rinks
- Fundraising to pay for arts or cultural events
- Fundraising for educational programming
- Community emergencies or disaster relief
- Fundraising for an individual or a family with a health care crisis
- Youth-focused initiatives
- Initiatives focused on elder care
- Programs focused on anti-poverty
- Employment programs
Eligible Use of Funds:
Seed Foundation grants are designed to help cover overhead costs for your fundraisers so you can have the confidence to dream bigger and be more entrepreneurial in your thinking. Ultimately, Seed Foundation grants are designed to be leverage toward making more profit. Eligible expenses are as follows:
- Food supplies or catering
- Entertainment costs
- Keynote speaker fees
- Fundraising mentorship or workshop fees
- Hall rental
- Equipment rental
- Advertising and promotion costs
- Other expenses directly related to the fundraising project
Eligible Fundraising Types:
The following is a list of the type of fundraising events to which the Seed Foundation has awarded grant money. This list is by no means exhaustive, as the Seed Foundation encourages you to be innovative, unique, and entrepreneurial when planning your event:
- Live auctions
- Dine and dance evenings
- Steak nights
- Dinner theaters
- Silent auctions
- Celebrity dinners
- Comedy nights
- Barn dances
- Car rallies
- Car derbies
GrantWatch ID#: 179699
Seed Foundation grants range from $1,000 to $5,000 and will be awarded according to merit and availability of funds.
Awards over $3,000 will be considered if the applicant makes an extraordinary case for how the funds are necessary to the success of an outstanding fundraising event with an exceptional social cause.
These grants are for events in June, July, or August.
Seed Foundation grants are available to charities, nonprofits, ad hoc organizations, committees, or individuals.
Saskatchewan, Alberta, Manitoba, North Dakota, and Montana.
- Sponsorship drives without a clear fundraising event
- Causes that do not legitimately benefit the community
- Fundraising projects completed prior to the time of the grant application
- Projects that are unable to demonstrate a profit
- Projects with less profit than the requested grant amount
- For-profit companies
- Political parties
- Organizations promoting a particular faith
- Organizations promoting hate dogma
- Organizations associated with illegal activities
Note: Funding will not be provided for the expenses associated with the selling of alcohol.
Click here for more information about these grants: http://www.seedmaster.ca/seed/index.php
- For events in March, April or May, apply by January 15.
- For events in June, July or August, apply by April 15.
- For events in September, October or November, apply by July 15.
- For events in December, January or February, apply by October 15.
Please download and complete the budget template provided in the Supporting Documents section below. This budget should pertain only to the expenses and revenue associated with the fundraising event you are planning. List all revenue and expenses, including ‘in-kind’ resources and private donations.
The budget must show a profit of at least four times the grant money you are requesting. Grant requests should be no more than a quarter of your projected profit. For example, a grant request of $5,000 would require that you profit at least $20,000.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to apply online: http://www.seedmaster.ca/seed/apply.php
Phone: 306.721.3001 / 1.888.721.3001
#1 South Plains Road West
Emerald Park SK
Canada S4L 1C6
USA: Montana; North Dakota
Canada: Alberta Manitoba Saskatchewan