Foundation / Corporation
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (BCBSNE)
Grants starting at $5,000 to Nebraska nonprofit organizations for programs and projects that align with the focus areas of human services, health and wellness, education, and diversity and inclusion. Applicants requesting over $10,000 are strongly recommended to contact the funding source before applying. Funding is intended to support innovative and creative work across the state.
GrantWatch ID#: 179701
Nebraska nonprofits may apply.
Applicants are ineligible to apply if they are applying as one of the following types of applicants, or for one of the following areas:
- Alumni association
- Athlete and/or athletic team
- Beauty pageant
- Capital campaign
- Construction project for hospitals or health systems
- Direct funding of labor or fraternal organization
- Individual (such as fundraiser to pay for an individual or family's medical bills)
- Organizations that are in direct competition with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska
- Organization that is not tax-exempt
- Political campaigns, candidates, parties or partisan activities
- Providers or provider organizations
- Programs or events outside of Nebraska
- Sectarian, denominational, or religious organizations for support of solely theological functions
- Students raising funds for out-of-state competition
- Application Open: October 23
- Application Closed: December 18
- Grantees Contacted: Early February
- Check Presentations (if applicable): March and April
- Application Open: May 1
- Application Closed: June 14
- Grantees Contacted: Early July
- Check Presentations (if applicable): August and September
If your organization is new to BCBSNE, or you are requesting funding over $10,000, it is strongly recommended to contact Marjorie Maas before submitting an application, to review funding priorities and giving alignment.
The Foundation recommends prefacing new applications with conversations with the CSR team.
Watch an application walk-through (video): https://www.nebraskablue.com/-/media/videos/community-engagement/20171017-1015-csr-grant-application-walk-through-1015-am.wmv?la=en&hash=82273DEA538F6083F8C72EE693DE2C5A74318EFC
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to take the eligibility quiz and apply online: http://www.cybergrants.com/bcbsofne/quiz
Director, Corporate Social Responsibility
Phone: (402) 982-8872
Fax: (402) 548-4355
Associate Marketing Manager, Corporate Social Responsibility
Phone: (402) 982-8770
Fax: (402) 548-4355