Foundation / Corporation
Chapman Foundations Management- H.A. and Mary K. Chapman Charitable Trust and The Mary K. Chapman Foundation (Chapman Trusts)
Grants to Arkansas, Texas, Colorado, and Oklahoma nonprofit organizations for a broad range of charitable activities in eligible regions. LOIs must be submitted in advance of the deadline. Program areas include education, health and human services, civic and community, and arts and culture.
Depending on the availability of funds and the program area of interest, the managers and Trustees may give priority to the following geographic areas of the United States:
- Colleges and Universities - Oklahoma, Arkansas and Texas
- Elementary and Secondary Education - Oklahoma
- Healthcare - Oklahoma
- Human Services - Oklahoma
- Civic and Community - Oklahoma
- Arts and Culture - Oklahoma
Within Oklahoma, the order of priority will normally be (i) Tulsa and surrounding counties, (ii) eastern Oklahoma, and (iii) statewide.
The Chapman Trusts will consider requests for support of capital projects and operating programs.
Requests with the following attributes are favored:
- Funding the project or program will serve a documented need and have a significant impact on the community.
- Financial support of (i) the organization management and board of directors, (ii) individuals of the general community affected by the program or project, and (iii) other private foundations.
- Sound financial planning for maintenance and continuation of the project or program after the initial funding is complete.
- Potentially benefits a significant segment of people.
- Applicant has committed volunteers and staff leadership.
The Chapman Trusts prefer to support organizations through cash grants for projects and programs, capital support, and operations. Sponsorships for events are very limited.
GrantWatch ID#: 179785
USA: Arkansas; Colorado: Colorado Springs Metropolitan Area; Oklahoma: Tulsa and surrounding counties, eastern Oklahoma, and statewide; Texas