Foundation / Corporation
Arkansas Community Foundation - Arkansas Black Hall of Fame (ABHOF) Foundation
Grants of up to $5,000 to Arkansas nonprofit organizations, government agencies, public schools, and hospitals to benefit the African-American community or other underserved communities within the state. Requests will be considered for programs that address a clearly defined community need.
Priority consideration will be given to:
- Applications that show multiple sponsoring agencies/organizations
- Proposals that include evidence of local financial support (including, but not limited to, in-kind support)
- Proposals that demonstrate collaborative ventures among organizations within the community
- Proposals that have promise for sustainability beyond the period of the grant (applications should address this issue)
- Innovation and appropriateness of the proposed project. For example, a proposal that merely asks for computer hardware will be given lower consideration than a project that shows how the agency’s clients will participate in a number of technology projects that benefit them immediately as well as in the future.
GrantWatch ID#: 179813
Grants will generally be in the $1,000 to $2,500 range but may approach $5,000.
Multi-year proposals will not be considered.
Only 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, hospitals, public schools and government agencies are eligible to apply. Organizations that do not qualify for tax-exempt status are not eligible.
All geographic sections of the state are eligible.
The following types of requests generally are not considered:
-Support for annual fund raising campaigns
-Support for capital campaigns
-Projects that address sectarian religious purposes
-Projects that are political in nature or have a political bias
-Scholarships or fellowships for formal education at any level
-Funding for salaries
Applications are accepted online between February 1 and April 1.
Online application tutorial video:
Please note: Priority consideration will be given to proposals that include evidence of local financial support (including, but not limited to, in-kind support).
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online:
Jane Jones, Program Officer
Arkansas Community Foundation
1400 West Markham, Suite 206
Little Rock, AR 72201