Foundation / Corporation
Board of Visitors (BOV)
Grants to Greater Phoenix, Arizona nonprofit organizations for healthcare services and projects serving children, women, and the elderly. A Letter of Intent must be submitted before applying. Funding is intended to support general operating expenses, capital campaigns, and seed money for specific projects.
There are 4 grant categories - A, B, C, and D - with varying eligibility requirements and funding amounts. Note that applications are not being accepted this year for Category C grants.
GrantWatch ID#: 179844
- Category A Grants: BOV may fund requests for up to $200,000.
- Category B Grant: BOV may fund requests for $5,000 – $100,000.
- Category D Grants: BOV may fund requests for up to $5,000.
- Categories A, B, and D Grants: BOV may fund 1-year grant request.
- Category C Grant (not open for applications until March 1, 2020): BOV may fund 2-year request.
The applicant organization must be a 501(c)3 who:
- Provides healthcare services to women, children and the elderly in the greater Phoenix community
- Improves long-term health outcomes for individuals and the community
- Impacts the underserved
- Demonstrates a strong community need
- Promotes partnerships and collaborations within the community
- Demonstrates potential for continued operation beyond support by the BOV
- Category A Grants: Must have a minimum annual budget of $1 million.
- Category B Grants: No annual budget requirements.
- Category C Grant: Must have a minimum annual budget of $1 million.
- Category D Grants: No annual budget requirements. Grant will be made to a start-up or emerging 501(c)(3).
Note: Organizations selected to submit a full proposal for Category A, B and C are required to submit two years of independently reviewed or audited financials and Category D must submit a IRS Form 990 for the past 1-2 years.
Letters of Intent must be received by April 30th. LOIs are currently being accepted for Category A, B, and D.
Key Forms and Dates:
- Letter of Interest: Due by email April 30
- Request for Full Proposal: Notification by June 30
- Full Proposals: Due by August 31
- Site Visits: September 1 - October 15
- Grantee Notified: November 30
- Grant Awards Celebration: Third Tuesday of February
- Interim Grant Usage Report: Due August 31
- Final Grant Usage Report: Due January 31
The Grant Process:
- Begins each year with organizations submitting a Letter of Interest (LOI) via email.
- All LOIs are reviewed and selected organizations are asked for full proposals.
- Submitted proposals are reviewed and site visits are scheduled with selected organizations.
- Grants are awarded at The Board of Visitors Grant Award Celebration the third Tuesday in February.
Requests for funding are limited to one request per organization each calendar year. If an organization has received a previous grant from The Board of Visitors, a Final Grant Usage Report must be received by January 31st in order to be considered in the next grant cycle.
For further information about the grants program: https://www.boardofvisitors.org/grants/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit the Letter of Intent via the application form found below, or download and email the form to email@example.com.
Board of Visitors (BOV)
6245 N. 24th Parkway, Suite 110
Phoenix, Arizona 85016
USA: Arizona: Greater Phoenix